• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“Marty’s got a plan.”

WarHeel

1 minute ago, Car123 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5233950

Would you rather have Paradis and his 3 year/$27M contract or just be playing Larsen on his 2 year/$4.3M contract?

I honestly don't think we'd see any drop off at all. We didn't when Larsen had to step in for Kalil. Statistically, we were actually better in virtually every offensive category.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Would you rather have Paradis and his 3 year/$27M contract or just be playing Larsen on his 2 year/$4.3M contract?

I honestly don't think we'd see any drop off at all. We didn't when Larsen had to step in for Kalil. Statistically, we were actually better in virtually every offensive categor

Hindsight, sure.

6 months ago? Paradis without batting an eye.  Especially since after 2 years we can cut him.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly don't think we'd see any drop off at all. We didn't when Larsen had to step in for Kalil. Statistically, we were actually better in virtually every offensive category.

I disagree.  Paradis is being asked to do much more than most centers because our LG is being asked to help the LT on every play.  Has he been great? No.  But typically Centers get a little help from the guards.  That’s not the case with the LT situation. 

1 minute ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I disagree.  Paradis is being asked to do much more than most centers because our LG is being asked to help the LT on every play.  Has he been great? No.  But typically Centers get a little help from the guards.  That’s not the case with the LT situation. 

He's getting bulled over and physically manhandled in one on one situations. That has nothing to do with who's playing beside him 

1 hour ago, WarHeel said:

Forgive me if posted already.

Was watching the Rivera presser and when asked about any potential movement with the trade deadline approaching Rivera noted that we have 1 open spot and that Marty has a plan. Not sure if that plan involves a trade— likely not. But it’s fun to speculate. 

So who is the 1 guy/position (realistically) you would bring in to right the ship after that atrocity of a game yesterday?

Marty's plan better be retirement. He is what is wrong

Forgive me if posted already.

Was watching the Rivera presser and when asked about any potential movement with the trade deadline approaching Rivera noted that we have 1 open spot and that Marty has a plan. Not sure if that plan involves a trade— likely not. But it’s fun to speculate. 

So who is the 1 guy/position (realistically) you would bring in to right the ship after that atrocity of a game yesterday?

That is never a good statement. 

He’s probably the last person I’d blame for the debacle. Quite frankly he’s been killing it. On paper anyway.

I thought Tepper would let Marty work through the 2018 season as a courtesy and then he'd be gone.  When that didn't happen I had to re-evaluate.  Thought was Tepper is a super-smart guy and if he's willing to let Marty have another season at the wheel then Marty must be better than many (including myself) have given him credit for.  This does make some sense because all Panthers exec's who worked for Twinkletoes Jer' did so with one hand tied behind their back --- TTJ was the ultimate meddler. 

#KeepPounding Hurndog...

Archived