• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Allen is an inexperienced but good backup qb who is learning!

Matt62881

Kyle Allen enters Week 9 with the lowest PFF passing grade on clean dropbacks (61.4) among the 31 NFL quarterbacks with 100 or more clean-pockets on the year. He has thrown four touchdowns and three interceptions when kept clean this season. Credit to PFF https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-9-pff-preview-players-to-watch-fantasy-football-advice-and-betting-projections

This is why Dj Moore Samuel and the forever open Olsen dont have more yards and our oline is better then advertised. He cant make medium to deep throws and has a problem with going throgh his progressions. He is however a great backup QB so dont think im completely pooing on him. The game just hasnt slowed down for him, its progression 1...check down to CMC.

He was experienced enough to only get sacked 6 times the first half,..

I mean, I was a Kyle basher more than a supporter and for lit up for it by a lot of people.

with that being said— I don’t think anyone would have had a good game with that passrush.

maybe if we had some intermediate or long passes that had actually connected for touchdowns and made them backup,. Or even short passes that gashed them bad like they did us,..  Maybe that would have backed some of that off. Maybe at least give us a more respectable chance.

being able to have the receivers step up and gash them, extend drives and rest that poor defense that spent all day on the field getting murdered might have changed things.

thats a lot of mights and maybes

He’s a back up quarterback. He came in and made a few contributions. Helped the team on short notice. And then: He got roasted against the league’s best pass defense, on a windy day on the road. Like I’ve said, it’s hard to be a game manager when you’re down 21-3. People need to relax. He was never going to replace Cam Newton. Quit letting people on Twitter and really stupid people in the media make you feel threatened about that.

Most of us already knew he was nothing more than a backup.  How good he actually will be is just a guess.  My guess is he isn't going to be taking anyone's job anytime soon, if ever.  I certainly wouldn't count him to be Cam's successor.  That guy isn't on the roster.

A back up QB is really for 1 to 3 games as a filler, not to carry a team. He past his point of contribution with 4 wins in games. The league has figured him out and now we're stretching it. Maybe that's another reason we drafted Grier but he just didn't get it fast enough but has more potential for 2020 and beyond. At least has the skills. Hope Cam comes back for the following week but again no promises he won't be rusty either. 

23 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Kyle Allen enters Week 9 with the lowest PFF passing grade on clean dropbacks (61.4) among the 31 NFL quarterbacks with 100 or more clean-pockets on the year. He has thrown four touchdowns and three interceptions when kept clean this season. Credit to PFF https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-9-pff-preview-players-to-watch-fantasy-football-advice-and-betting-projections

This is why Dj Moore Samuel and the forever open Olsen dont have more yards and our oline is better then advertised. He cant make medium to deep throws and has a problem with going throgh his progressions. He is however a great backup QB so dont think im completely pooing on him. The game just hasnt slowed down for him, its progression 1...check down to CMC.

Just like inexperienced threads as this one is.

Archived