• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kap workout

Panfan35

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Kap is not the bad guy here, the NFL is. 

NFL tried to put Colin Kaepernick in legal checkmate

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/16/nfl-tried-to-put-colin-kaepernick-in-legal-checkmate/

Thats exactly what I said those waivers where in the other Kaep thread...the NFL is not going to let him sue them again, it was basically a waiver saying that the workout does not guarantee a contract...

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

He really is...it pisses a ton of people off but this guy made a stand and deserves respect.  Football wise he isn't very good though.  I don't see it.

Totally agree with this and always disliked him after the 49ers playoff game. 

13 hours ago, Shocker said:

He really is...it pisses a ton of people off but this guy made a stand and deserves respect.  Football wise he isn't very good though.  I don't see it.

Pretty much this. I respect the stand he took to call attention to an issue he felt strongly about. Anyone claiming offense that he disrespected the flag, anthem or troops is actively ignoring the fact that he sought out advice from a special forces soldier on how to protest without disrespecting any of those things and kneeling is what this combat vet suggested he do.

If you don’t like the kneeling, you are taking offense at something suggested by a US Special Forces combat vet based on their own practices. IMO this says more about your unwillingness to confront the issue he is calling attention to than any legitimate umbrage you take with the gesture. 

Having said that, I also think he was not playing well before the protest began and I’m skeptical of the notion he is a starting level talent now. I think his track record shows that at most he deserves consideration as a backup and there are indications he has been resistant to accepting this reality. So while I respect the stand, he seems to be shooting himself in the foot by not being realistic about his path back to playing.

Archived