• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who does Josh Allen remind you of...

Jmac

A young Cam Newton. Big with a strong arm and a very strong runner. Watching what Beene and J.M have done building the Bill's compared to this organization is depressing.

Difference being that I doubt they let Allen take a beating like Cam has. I doubt they will put a bunch of JAGS and lackeys in front of him. They gave him a decent Oline.

They chose Allen knowing that with a decent Oline, he could be in the mold of a player like Newton. They are moving foward as we tread water and move backwards.

Josh Allen doesn't remind me of Cam. Josh Allen plays the position behind a good offensive line. He runs when he has too or when it's open and gets down to avoid hits. Cam wants to run over defenders and flaunt it in their faces behind a poor offensive line. Allen is also more accurate using better mechanics. 

30 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Y’all been real disrespectful to Cam lately and that poo needs to stop. 

not sure how comparing the 2 is disrespectful. josh allen was compared to cam coming out of college. he also looks pretty good right now.

1 hour ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Josh Allen doesn't remind me of Cam. Josh Allen plays the position behind a good offensive line. He runs when he has too or when it's open and gets down to avoid hits. Cam wants to run over defenders and flaunt it in their faces behind a poor offensive line. Allen is also more accurate using better mechanics. 

How do you figure Josh is more accurate? After 2 years in the league, Cams completion % was better? 

He reminds me of Cam, but I don't get more accurate.  Even the announcers were commenting about some of his accuracy issues with short balls, the same problem Cam had earlier in his career.

edit: he isn't nearly as good a runner as Cam, at least it didn't seem so.  but he's still fun to watch in the same way Cam is since you always felt he could scramble and both extend plays and throw ropes far down field. 

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

How do you figure Josh is more accurate? After 2 years in the league, Cams completion % was better? 

Completion percentage isn't a great stat to go by.

Your receiver makes a circus catch of a lousy pass, you get credit.

Your receiver drops a ball that hit them right in the numbers, you get the blame.

For the record, I still see Allen as "general vicinity" accurate, same as Favre.

Archived