• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton plans to have foot surgery

SgtJoo

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

at this point I don’t even know what we’re gonna do. You release him after surgery he heals up nicely you look like a fuging idiot when we have no franchise qb. You let him heal and his injuries are too much to overcome and you look like a fuging idiot.

If we draft a qb with our first rounder the writing will be on the wall. If we don’t then I think cam stays for a year. 

then the question comes up does he even want to play for this team. There are so many variables. 

It all depends on his health. But 19 million for a franchise QB will look like less and less if we let him leave and we continue to tumble within the division and the conference without a clear heir apparent. Guys will be quick to want to sacrifice that 19 million again if we are talking about the draft already by November next year.

I dont think cam is coming back. You guys still do t seem to understand that firing ron was the beginning of the rebuild. Cam isnt the same player he was 3 or 4 years ago. Running qbs dont last long because they take alotnof punishment, similar to a rb. You pay a player based on what he will do in the future, not based on the past. He may not even fit our new coaches philosiphy, even if he was still 'superman' which he isnt.

Go ahead and poo me, but youll see. 

47 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Ask yourself why this didn't happen a month ago. 

Well if you take it from the surface - because he was eligible to return from IR if the Panthers made the playoffs.  But the last two weeks plus the firing of Ron seals that won't happen so he now has the "extra time". 

I'm the rare optimist here that believes Cam will be back next year and healthy.  Wish it wasn't under a yet another OC though. 

49 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Good! He has almost a full year to recover. We have a year to fix up our line. Cam didn't strain his recovering shoulder. And Cam has saved himself an entire season of abuse over the last two seasons. I think the last two years may have prolonged his career.

I hope he bounces back stronger than ever next season!

Let us pray. 

It’s obvious Tepper has been keeping the ball in Cams court. Don’t fug this one up too Tepper. 

13 minutes ago, TheRed said:

It all depends on his health. But 19 million for a franchise QB will look like less and less if we let him leave and we continue to tumble within the division and the conference without a clear heir apparent. Guys will be quick to want to sacrifice that 19 million again if we are talking about the draft already by November next year.

Yeah I think it’s a low risk thing for one year but the bigger question is if he wants to play without a new deal for 1 year. There are a couple things he can do. There’s just a lot of variables going on right now. I want Cam in Charlotte, healthy with a offensive minded coach. That has always been the dream for most of us since Shula took over.

20 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I don't think keeping him for one year, the first under a new coach, makes anyone look like an idiot. Even with that cap number.

That assumes he's willing to stay on what amounts to a one year "prove it" deal.

A big part of the speculation about his future is the belief that he isn't.

15 minutes ago, TheRed said:

It's his fault we ran him into the ground using him as a battering ram his whole career? Even two years ago he was our leading rusher for the season. 

This again.  He's never been a battering ram.  He's a rushing QB because this is what makes him special.

For god's sake, he wasn't drafted #1 to be a pocket passer.  He was drafted #1 due to his unique set of skills - namely the ability to effectively run the read option.  The read option worked like a charm and produced records and playoff appearances - even a superb owl appearance.  But everyone knew he couldn't do it indefinitely. 

This playing style, which he was uniquely qualified to run effectively, eventually wore down his body - forcing him to try to be something that he is not - a pocket passer.  This is when the real injuries happened - in the pocket.  

It baffles me that people blame the coaches for implementing a style of offense that best utilizes Cam's skills.  Take away Cam's running ability and he's basically Jameis Winston or Joe Flacco.

Archived