• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Beat Writer on the current stage in the HC search

ncfan

I gotta be honest . . . I don't get the McDaniels love.

The dude is 11 - 17 as a head coach.  His Denver teams were 20th and 19th in points scored.

As a coordinator in St Louis (now Los Angeles) Rams the team was DEAD FREAKING LAST in points scored.

He's basically failed everywhere except where Tom Brady was his QB.

Man, I don't trust anybody in New England.  Not because of the massive cheating allegations, but because Brady covers up so much mediocrity with his absolute otherworldly play.

12 minutes ago, BrianS said:

The dude is 11 - 17 as a head coach.  His Denver teams were 20th and 19th in points scored.

As a coordinator in St Louis (now Los Angeles) Rams the team was DEAD FREAKING LAST in points scored.

Man, I don't trust anybody in New England.  Not because of the massive cheating allegations, but because Brady covers up so much mediocrity with his absolute otherworldly play.

Exactly. If your qb just throws the ball to the receiver no matter what, almost any scheme looks good.

17 minutes ago, BrianS said:

To be fair, lots of guys who didn't do so great on their first head coaching stint did a lot better their second time around.

Marv Levy is one example. And of course, there's that guy McDaniels works for.

26 minutes ago, BrianS said:

McCarthy would like you to kiss the ring when you get a min

55 minutes ago, TheRed said:

McCarthy is too much Rivera for my liking. Seems like the offensive version. The whole "me and my coaching buds still talk shop on the regular" thing gives me vibes of Ron and his penchant for keeping his cronies around. If you're out of a job and still that loyal to your pals it's a red flag for me. We don't need more of that poo. Bring in someone hungry to create a staff full of guys who are great at what they do, not great at kissing the head coaches ass and telling him what he wants to hear.

I was kinda neutral maybe leaning towards not interested in McCarthy but I’m buying what you’re selling here. This makes sense to me and makes me want McCarthy less.

Just now, Jared Patterson said:

McCarthy would already be hired if they did extensive research on him and liked him I would think, or there would at least be a lot of buzz around the idea. No way we would hire McCarthy that would be a terrible hire and would be a downgrade to Rivera.

Research doesn't guarantee an interview though.

They're likely gonna research a lot of guys on whom they'll ultimately pass on in favor of others.

Archived