• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Beat Writer on the current stage in the HC search

ncfan

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Maybe they meant that when they were taking a "hard look" at McCarthy that they were openly mean mugging him. 

James Harden GIF by ESPNAngry Watch Out GIF by Power

Conisdering there have been other national writers etc who have said theyve had sources say McCarthy's name had been circulating around the building even as far back as the weeks prior to Rivera's firing

Plus he is "saying the right things" 

which I pointed out how Hurney has talked Tepper into convincing he's the right guy.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ben Volin confirmed we inquired about both McDaniels and Caserio last offseason before deciding to stand pat.

OK but inquiring really means nothing. A proper search would include “inquiring” into dozens of potential candidates from the start. I’ve yet to see any legitimate reports that McDaniels is high on our list or a serious target for us. It’s possible, sure, but nothing concrete suggests that’s the case. And the report that McDaniels wants to coach here muddies the waters a bit in regards to who wants who.

5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Conisdering there have been other national writers etc who have said theyve had sources say McCarthy's name had been circulating around the building even as far back as the weeks prior to Rivera's firing

Plus he is "saying the right things" 

which I pointed out how Hurney has talked Tepper into convincing he's the right guy.

Yeah, I am obviously being facetious. 

I will say that I have a significant amount of concern if we don't make our front office hire(s) before we get a head coach. Tepper is not a football guy, period. I would like another football guy in the room talking to him about this decision on a daily basis rather than Marty Hurney.

For me McDaniels would be the bottom tier fug no coach. McCarthy the meh he could be good but could be bad wait and see mid tier coach. Stefanski would be the fug yea let’s see what this hungry dude’s got ideal, most exciting coach to hire.

And then there’s the wildcard  Harbaugh that’d make me think 

15661FDB-7BA2-48E6-9D4B-B1C5EA49E67D.gif.881907cda560435d246df333a30bfbaf.gif

37 minutes ago, t96 said:

OK but inquiring really means nothing. A proper search would include “inquiring” into dozens of potential candidates from the start. I’ve yet to see any legitimate reports that McDaniels is high on our list or a serious target for us. It’s possible, sure, but nothing concrete suggests that’s the case. And the report that McDaniels wants to coach here muddies the waters a bit in regards to who wants who.

"Inquired about" equals "clubhouse leader" to Mister.  Clearly Tepper  hasnt inquired about anyone else in this search.....lol

There is still hope but it's sounding like Tepper is lining up to be another Billionaire making terrible football decisions and fielding a crap product. If Hurney is helping hire the next coach it sounds like a lock that this is more of the same. Within a half of a month after the draft we will know which way he is taking the team but so far I have to say the only good decisions he has made is on the business side. (Ron shouldn't have been the coach this year and that fact was proven right yet Hurney is still here contaminating the team).

Fug McCarthy and McDaniels, go ahead and take that Browns job and McSharty can go to the Jags. 

40 minutes ago, t96 said:

It means we were interested last year. Volin added that he expects us to be interested this year as well.

And there's technically nothing concrete on anybody at this point, though people like Albert Breer believe McDaniels is the top target.

29 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Also CBS had an article with the top 5 potential landing spots for McCarthy 

And the panthers were #1

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike-mccarthy-needs-football-eyeing-2020-return-five-potential-landing-spots-for-former-packers-coach/

This would be terrible news. Id rather have freakin Marvin Lewis. What a terrible option this would be. Imagine having Hurney and McCarthy.... my word

Good Lord...  none of the front runners sound appealing at all.  McDaniels won't mount to much, as none of Belichick's tree outside of O'Brien have ever been worth a crap as a HC (prolly bc they can't bring NE's film crew with them lol).  And as I said before, McCarthy is literally the offensive version of Rivera.  Yuck.

Archived