• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tankathon Updates

kungfoodude

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Looks like we will be picking 8th unless something spectacular happens like Miami beating the Pats,Jacksonville beating the Colts, or NYG beating the Eagles. 

Definitely possible. The Colts have probably looked like the 2nd worst team in football the past month and a half. Luckily for them, they played the worst team in football today in us.

Seahawks did us a huge favor laying an egg against the Cardinals today

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Looks like we will be picking 8th unless something spectacular happens like Miami beating the Pats,Jacksonville beating the Colts, or NYG beating the Eagles. 

I think the NYG can win against the Eagles who just locked up the NFC East.

Miami beats N.E..Bill Billaceck rests starters trying to not put film out.

Jacksonville beats the Colts as the staff wants to end On a high note.

Chargers pull a Ron Rivera and win pointless game. We pick 6th. An optimist POV

3 minutes ago, pdub0702 said:

That would be the gizz scenario. 

9 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Definitely possible. The Colts have probably looked like the 2nd worst team in football the past month and a half. Luckily for them, they played the worst team in football today in us.

Seahawks did us a huge favor laying an egg against the Cardinals today

We definitely could end up with the 7th but man it would be sweet if it was the 5th.

7 hours ago, stbugs said:

Miami and the Giants don't matter for the 1st round. They have a worse SOS, so we cannot, I repeat, cannot pass them. The only two teams that actually matter are the Chargers and Jaguars. The Chargers are playing a team at home that will be playing to win, so I think there is very little chance they can win at KC. Jacksonville, on the other hand, could easily beat the Colts who haven't been playing well at all before today.

We are 8 with a reasonable chance at 7 and a very, very slim chance at 6. We cannot get to 5 based on our SOS.

The only benefit we get from a Giants or Miami win is that if we tied them on record, we can move up each round. The tiebreaker is for the 1st round, but each team shifts each round. Last year we had the 16th pick in the 1st, but actually the 15th in the 2nd and 14th in the 3rd (Giants lost their 3rd so we actually had the 13th).

This is correct, for first round purposes the Dolphins and Giants can't help us. I hadn't considered the impact in the other rounds though. Thanks for that info.

9 hours ago, pdub0702 said:

Eagles have to win still.

7 hours ago, stbugs said:

Miami and the Giants don't matter for the 1st round. They have a worse SOS, so we cannot, I repeat, cannot pass them. The only two teams that actually matter are the Chargers and Jaguars. The Chargers are playing a team at home that will be playing to win, so I think there is very little chance they can win at KC. Jacksonville, on the other hand, could easily beat the Colts who haven't been playing well at all before today.

We are 8 with a reasonable chance at 7 and a very, very slim chance at 6. We cannot get to 5 based on our SOS.

The only benefit we get from a Giants or Miami win is that if we tied them on record, we can move up each round. The tiebreaker is for the 1st round, but each team shifts each round. Last year we had the 16th pick in the 1st, but actually the 15th in the 2nd and 14th in the 3rd (Giants lost their 3rd so we actually had the 13th).

This is the best scenario description I have read. Thank you.  It is about 88.3% likely that we are picking 8th---and there are about 7 elite players in this draft, not including Herbert deliberately because he is a physical specimen with terrible decision skills.  There are 2 QBs (Burrow, Tua), DT Brown (Love the guy), a premiere OT (Thomas from UGa), a WR that would make us scary (Jeudy), a DE/Edge guy we will not get (Young), an elite CB (allowing us to move Jackson to the nickel and dominate on the outside-Okuda).  If we are converting back to a 4-3, then AJ Epenensa from Iowa is possible, just not Chase Young elite--speaking of Iowa, OT Wirfs is a top 8 talent, but he plays RT---I think he could covert to LT, but should we gamble?)

10 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Why is everyone so worried about position if Hurney is drafting? Anywhere we pick outside of the first round it’s going to suck. 

well he took a project in burns last year.   there's no guarantee he lives up to his pic.   i hope marty doesn't have much say on draft day at all.

Archived