• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera To Meet With Redskins Officials Tomorrow - Likely To Be Their Next HC

bobsfoodbasics

34 minutes ago, SOJA said:

skins letting rivera draft is a terrible decision but the decision to hire him is a good one. rivera needed to go from carolina but he's a solid nfl coach that can make their franchise competitive which has been awful for years 

Yep make them competitive but extremely inconsistent. Good one year, bad the next, really good one year,  really bad the next.

38 minutes ago, SOJA said:

also tepper did ron such a solid 

I kinda thought he'd go to the Redskins since they were the only other team to fire their coach in season.

Now I've been wondering if Ron had any conversations with them during the Redskins game? IE: Did he know he was getting fired before that game and knew they were looking? Maybe Tepper found out and was like fug it, go ahead and go to the Redskins then. Just speculating, it's all a little too neat on the surface to me.

13 minutes ago, LegioX said:

Yep make them competitive but extremely inconsistent. Good one year, bad the next, really good one year,  really bad the next.

You mean bad two years, good one heh. Three winning seasons, 6 losing. I think he might be able to instill some discipline and improve the culture a bit in Washington, but without a star like Cam to save him he might not even achieve that 1-2 ratio. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

official now

Ron Rivera is set to become the next head coach in Washington, @theobserver has confirmed. Washington gets a very good man and coach; Rivera gets salary-cap room, the No.2 overall pick and another shot

Forgot to think about cap space...looking better and better for him.

8 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

official now

Ron Rivera is set to become the next head coach in Washington, @theobserver has confirmed. Washington gets a very good man and coach; Rivera gets salary-cap room, the No.2 overall pick and another shot

Not quite official, but I don't have any doubt that it's going to happen.

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

So the Redskins are prepared to make him an offer while saying Snyder has yet to talk to the guy they're hiring. This will be their first meeting.

Sure it is :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

Maybe that’s why Ron said he wasn’t concerned about his future...he already knew.

I think Ron could be really good in DC. They need discipline - on and off the field. They need calm in the midst of all the chaos going on in that organization. And if nothing else Ron will bring THAT trait to the organization. He's what they need right now. 

Haskins is on the rise and has been improving every game he's started. Is he's as dynamic as a young Cam? No, but that team has always had good running backs, a great WR corp, and an above average o-line. A "luxury" Cam hasn't always had. Their biggest issue is defense. Ron will bring in Steve Wilks and they'll right that ship. DC deserves a good team. They're humble and loyal fans. I've gone to games wearing Steve Smith and Chris Harris jerseys, and they've always asked questions about the players and even high-fived me after the Panthers kicked the crap out of them! 

I just don't think he was the right guy for Carolina. With a dynamic talent like Cam at QB, this team should have always been more offensive focused and aggressive. Still wonder what could have been if the Panthers had drafted Vonn Miller instead of Cam - to pair with Rivera. I think that would have been special. 

Archived