• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's formally divide into factions on Matt Rhule

Gesualdo

The Gettleman/Hurney struggle was for real, and the Rivera wars were a blast. But far too much nuance and in-betweenery was permitted in those elemental battles for truth. 

You have to choose now.

Don't say "I'm a Panthers fan first...I'm going to reserve my judg-" --- STFU! It's just a message board. We're drawing lines and taking sides this time, so we can properly sh*t on each other later for being right or wrong.

Record your opinion for posterity: Are you a Rhuler or a Drooler? No hedging. We'll bump in a year and reassess.

I'm a Rhuler.

This is our anthem, "Rhuler of My Heart":

10 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

We are stuck with him for how many years, so I’ll see what he can do before making blindfolded bets.

We are not stuck with him in any way....

....Rhule is on a series of 1-year renewable deals at Big Tepp's discretion....

....Rhule produces, he stays.  Stinks up the join, he's a goner.

I’m cautiously on team Rhule

As a person, I really like the guy. He seems like someone who can lead and players and staff will follow. Seems genuine to me. 

As a coach, I’m very curious. I’ll say this. If nothing else, his appointment indicates a true change of philosophy for this organization. He isn’t the safe choice. He is an unknown for the NFL. 

I think he will be successful but I admit that’s more based on his interviews than his track record. He’s done some great things in college but it’s a small sample size and the NFL is a very different beast anyway.

I feel if he gets a confident backing from Tepper and some experienced coordinators then he’s very capable of doing big things for this team. Time will tell

Archived