• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Luke be remembered by the world as one of the best?

Hotsauce

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Calvin Johnson as well.

NFL reporters all over are talking about Luke as a lock for the Hall of Fame. I don't really think it'll be a problem.

A lot of the time, it's just a matter of having an advocate among the selection committee. I took a look at the current committee just out of curiosity. Darin Gantt is a voter.

Out of curiousity, do you know anything about the makeup, turnover on that committee? Because while Gantt is a voter now, obviously Luke isn't even eligible for five years. Would Gantt still be a voter then?

18 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Out of curiousity, do you know anything about the makeup, turnover on that committee? Because while Gantt is a voter now, obviously Luke isn't even eligible for five years. Would Gantt still be a voter then?

It's largely made up of NFL reporters. You can actually find the current committee (48 members) on the Pro Football Hall of Fame website.

As to how long they stay members, don't know. There's an FAQ but I didn't read it also I don't know the answer to that or if it's even there.

Might be something somebody with Twitter could ask Joe Person or Jourdan Rodrigue.

Luke is the best LB I have ever seen play.  To compare him to Urlacher  is kind of shorting Luke because he was much better than Urlacher  ever thought about being.  He won't be compared to Lewis because his career was to short but 2015 was the best year I have ever seen a defensive player play.  At any position.  He will be the 3rd Panther in the HOF in 5 years. 

Archived