• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Luke be remembered by the world as one of the best?

Hotsauce

On offense we had Superman and on defense we had Clark Kent.

I don’t know how the league will remember him but this franchise will remember him as our greatest defensive player ever. 

Cam and Luke really were like superhero’s during that 15-1 run. It’s a shame they couldn’t finish the job off but that truly was one of the greatest teams the league had ever seen during a season long stretch

I think he will be mentioned by commentators on sundays as being among the best when they talk about defensive players on the field. He just didn’t have the longevity of someone like ray Lewis. Luke was really special. But he hasn’t been himself for a couple seasons. He is smart as hell to move on. Don’t be surprised to see him as a HC down the line. 

9 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

On offense we had Superman and on defense we had Clark Kent.

I don’t know how the league will remember him but this franchise will remember him as our greatest defensive player ever. 

Cam and Luke really were like superhero’s during that 15-1 run. It’s a shame they couldn’t finish the job off but that truly was one of the greatest teams the league had ever seen during a season long stretch

What a decade it was...

I think players, former players, media and students of the game will remember and have respect for him.  First his ability to not guess but know what play was coming is the best or better than anyone that has ever played.  Second his ability to then go and make the play was also amazing. 

I think for the most fans of other non NFCS teams probably wont have that same recognition due to the brevity of his career.

Glad he went out on his own terms and can only hope he will be around the game in some capacity for years to come.

I actually think that Luke will be a Hall of Famer.  There has been debate about the length of careers, especially around Terrell Davis.  But it was agreed that Davis was one of the best players at his position of all time despite a short career.  So I do not believe longevity or lack thereof will keep him out of the hall.  Luke was a true difference maker who played at an incredible level of brilliance that was widely recognized by his peers, coaches, and the media. 

That's just me, but I think Luke should definitely be a Hall of Famer.  He left just as he finished peaking, and him not padding stats but playing at a less quality for longer shouldn't be held against him.  Heck, it should be celebrated.

4 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I actually think that Luke will be a Hall of Famer.  There has been debate about the length of careers, especially around Terrell Davis.  But it was agreed that Davis was one of the best players at his position of all time despite a short career.  So I do not believe longevity or lack thereof will keep him out of the hall.  Luke was a true difference maker who played at an incredible level of brilliance that was widely recognized by his peers, coaches, and the media. 

That's just me, but I think Luke should definitely be a Hall of Famer.  He left just as he finished peaking, and him not padding stats but playing at a less quality for longer shouldn't be held against him.  Heck, it should be celebrated.

Calvin Johnson as well.

NFL reporters all over are talking about Luke as a lock for the Hall of Fame. I don't really think it'll be a problem.

A lot of the time, it's just a matter of having an advocate among the selection committee. I took a look at the current committee just out of curiosity. Darin Gantt is a voter.

Archived