• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Thuney

Jared Patterson

2 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Look at the massive deal Andrew Norwell signed a few seasons ago. That is likely what it would cost to sign him. And for a team that is considered to be rebuilding dumping money into FA usually isn't in the cards

Yep and even with how great Norwell was here look how that turned out for the Jags.... And we already have a lot of money tied up in a guard in Turner. Doesn’t really make sense at all though to pay for a guard in FA. Sure thing LT, go ahead. Value signing at any position, yeah sure. But to pay big for a player it’d have to be a guaranteed franchise LT, which don’t grow on trees and rarely hit the open market. I hope we draft a C in round 2 this year to build the line around going forward. Paradis was a bust and should be cut next year.

2 hours ago, sml1950 said:

Norwell has been a big money FA flop in Jacksonville and could be cut this off season.  So he could be available at a reduced rate.

Hindsight is 20/20 and tagging on Gettleman here is always fun but letting Norman and Norwell walk in FA were absolutely the right moves. 

14 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

This might be my present oline bias talking, but I feel like if we're gonna spend FA money in bunches anywhere, it might be the o line, to protect either Cam in a contract year, or rookie x that we draft this spring.

If we start spending lots of money on free agents, my Dan Snyder 2.0 fears will officially be realized.

6 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Hindsight is 20/20 and tagging on Gettleman here is always fun but letting Norman and Norwell walk in FA were absolutely the right moves. 

Norwell should have been extended before his last season on UDFA contract.  It could have been done at a reasonable rate that he was clearly worth. Parting ways with Norman is one thing. Shitting the draft bed in a panic reaction is another.

Archived