• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN ranks the 2019 rookie classes

tiger7_88

Just a heads up, the link below is an ESPN+ link so if you do not have that subscription, you will not be able to see the article (but I will excerpt below):

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/28517018/ranking-nfl-most-productive-2019-rookie-classes-1-32

NFC South rookie class rankings:

5. Saints

7. Buccaneers

29. Falcons

and...

AMYm2Ji.jpg

I won't even mention the ranking of the NYG rookies cuz I wouldn't want some in here to require a defib.

Just now, Tbe said:

Best evaluator of college talent.....

It’s amazing considering he’s done nothing in over a decade. I loved Luke and Cam, but you cannot build a team with 1 hit every year. Especially when most of the hits are from earlier picks. It’s why we went from 11-5 only missed the playoffs in 1 of 5 years to being an average of 6-10 over two years and having what might be our worst overall team since, you guessed it. Back when we went through the horrific 2008-2010 drafts that got us to the number 1 pick.

So injuries and bad coaching are Hurney's fault? I want him replaced as bad as anyone, but anyone dogging him for the rookie performances this year is being silly. 

Burns - Had a great start until he broke his hand throwing a tantrum. He'll be back and will get better. Ron should have played him more. 

Little - Two concussions, nothing Hurney could do about that. 

Grier - The Turners campaigned hard for this guy according to some. Wish they would have taken him to DC with them. Still, we're stuck with him on his rookie contract, so it'll be interesting to see if he progresses under new coaching.

Christian Miller - Hurt a bunch, but looked good when he was on the field. We're getting a new Sports Conditioning staff. Hallelujah. 

Jordan Scarlett - Not sure why the Rivera/Turner brain trust never used this bowling ball of a running back. He looked good in the few times he was on the field. 

Dennis Daley - SIXTH ROUNDER from a small school, thrown into the LT spot on a terrible line. Still he looked good toward the beginning. We have to hope the new regime can get him coached up. If so, he might be a steal. 

Terry Godwin - Meh. 

Just now, PanthersBigD said:

So injuries and bad coaching are Hurney's fault? I want him replaced as bad as anyone, but anyone dogging him for the rookie performances this year is being silly. 

Burns - Had a great start until he broke his hand throwing a tantrum. He'll be back and will get better. Ron should have played him more. 

Grier - The Turners campaigned hard for this guy according to some. Wish they would have taken him to DC with them. Still, we're stuck with him on his rookie contract, so it'll be interesting to see if he progresses under new coaching.

Christian Miller - Hurt a bunch, but looked good when he was on the field. We're getting a new Sports Conditioning staff. Hallelujah. 

Jordan Scarlett - Not sure why the Rivera/Turner brain trust never used this bowling ball of a running back. He looked good in the few times he was on the field. 

Dennis Daley - SIXTH ROUNDER from a small school, thrown into the LT spot on a terrible line. Still he looked good toward the beginning. We have to hope the new regime can get him coached up. If so, he might be a steal. 

Terry Godwin - Meh. 

Hi Marty!

I know you try hard, but you really suck at your job.

17 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

BEST. EVALUATOR. OF. COLLEGE. TALENT.

Hurney is the new Shula. We just cant get rid of this guy. He must be the smoothest talker in the Universe. 

Hurney was Shula before Shula.

Remember his first time here, where this organization got ran into the ground and we were what the Bengals are now.

3 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Ironic coming from the guy who 'accidentally' deleted a board member's entire posting history. 

He also allowed and encouraged several posters to personally attack me with insults and threats. All because he didn’t like my opinion on something. Ah, the internet. 

7 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

Terry Godwin - Meh. 

1) we’ll see.

2) not drafting him if that was on the med report obviously.

3) Hurney loved him too, I’m guessing Tepper as well.

4) we’ll see but injury tendency is a Hurney key piece, usually it’s 2-3 years in though.

5) Hurney pulled a FA for 3 million a year to do that halfway through a season. Sounds like it’s more on Hurney than RR. 

6) and so did Kyle Allen.

7) umm Hurney?

Archived