• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TE

Jared Patterson

28 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Thomas dropped catchable balls, and last year our QBs didn't throw a lot of those, so it stung.  We knew he was raw coming out.  I think he's capable and should be even better this year.  But I'm all for getting another one.  If Ian goes down, we have nothing as far as weapons go.

Thomas will be in his 3rd year and has had the opportunity to learn from one of the best. The "raw" label no longer applies and adequate just isn't good enough. I fully expect him to be very good this year, able to be on the field the entire game blocking or chipping and running routes. Maybe not full Olsen capabilities but at least to Kris Magnum capabilities. I have my doubts.

And Manhertz stays. He's the only Canisius College alumni in the NFL. :tongue:

39 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Thomas dropped catchable balls, and last year our QBs didn't throw a lot of those, so it stung.  We knew he was raw coming out.  I think he's capable and should be even better this year.  But I'm all for getting another one.  If Ian goes down, we have nothing as far as weapons go.

Yeah, I would definitely like to see the depth upgraded.

I'm fine with Thomas, seeing if he is ready for prime time.  My hope is he will grow into the starting TE position.  At 24, he could be around for a while if he is.

TE is near the bottom of our concerns, and depth could be addressed in the later rounds or via FA.  I certainly would not break the bank in pursuit of an upgrade, given we have may other positions in need of upgrades.

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I think we finally ditch Rivera's pet project, Manhertz...bring in a mid-level FA and draft a day 3 guy.  I still am not sold on Thomas being a TE1. The physical attributes are there, but he seems to still struggle concepts of the position.  Whether he's ready or not, it's his opportunity to shine with Greg gone.  

Dont be so sure, if joe brady plans to iimplement stuff from the saints offense, he may want to keep manhertz around since he did play 2 years in new orleans and should have a base level knowledge of the offense which would help tutor ian thomas and presumably some draftee.

3 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Dont be so sure, if joe brady plans to iimplement stuff from the saints offense, he may want to keep manhertz around since he did play 2 years in new orleans and should have a base level knowledge of the offense which would help tutor ian thomas and presumably some draftee.

I'm fine keeping Manhertz... as the #3 TE.

1 hour ago, imminent rogaine said:

Remember when Mark Andrews was just sitting there twiddling his thumbs in the third round and we took Rashaan Gaulden? Lol fuging classic.

And yet Hurney is still here like a bad rash that just won't go away.  Again, I have no idea why I get so excited about the draft as long as he is still here.  Different year, same somber, dejected feeling after the fact.  Then I'm like, well there's always free agency!

8 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

I think we are going to see some exciting days ahead for Thomas & Samuel with the training wheels taken off from the previous regime. Brady is about to ignite this offense and I think he can do wonders with Thomas.

I'm also down to draft one on day 3 as well. 

I'm hoping that Samuel will be a big beneficiary of Brady's offense and I hope Cam's shoulder is good. Honestly, even after the foot injury last year, he showed more velocity than he had in a long time. His deep throws weren't there but the arm looked good.

Archived