• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Tackle draft rankings

raleigh-panther

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Our first pick will be OL. With KK and hopefully Gerald McCoy there I'd bet we aren't going to bet the bank on a DT that won't be an immediate starter.

CB, WR ... no way we pick one as the first pick in the draft.

LB will be our first pick next season.

The only two DTs currently under contract are on the wrong side of 30 and coming off of season ending injuries. That ain't good. I think we'll draft at least one and sign at least one FA. When all is said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if Poe is cut. I'll be surprised if McCoy is brought back.

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The only two DTs currently under contract are on the wrong side of 30 and coming off of season ending injuries. That ain't good. I think we'll draft at least one and sign at least one FA. When all is said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if Poe is cut. I'll be surprised if McCoy is brought back.

I can see what you are saying, but O-line has to be a priority or it won't matter if the defense gets better.

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

I can see what you are saying, but O-line has to be a priority or it won't matter if the defense gets better.

Oh, I agree. I'm really hoping for an OT at #7, but if our top OT is off the board and Brown is sitting there for the taking? That'd be hard to pass up IMO.

1 minute ago, Martin said:

I think the organization wants to give Little a chance. With a new GM I think OT would be the pick, but I doubt Marty will do it. But we’ll see.

I'm definitely concerned that Marty will want to stubbornly stick with the LT he panic traded up in the 2nd to get.

I don't think he understands the concept of a "sunk cost" at all 

If Cam is here next year it'd be really hard not to take one of the top 2 OTs available. However I wouldn't really be too upset with Derrick Brown either. But I feel like we have got to get a good oline together because if we do that and have a solid unit up front our offense has a chance to be the best one we've fielded yet.

2 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

If Cam is here next year it'd be really hard not to take one of the top 2 OTs available. However I wouldn't really be too upset with Derrick Brown either. But I feel like we have got to get a good oline together because if we do that and have a solid unit up front our offense has a chance to be the best one we've fielded yet.

Agreed. I also think it's a lot easier to find serviceable DTs than it is serviceable OTs. We're stuck with KK for at least another year or two due to that restructure, so go get a poor man's Star to pair with him in Leki Fotu in the 3rd.

Archived