• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why no talk about trading up to #3 for Tua?

Real1zOnly

The Burrow talk was a pipedream but a trade up to #3 seems realistic. Detroit is not taking Tua and could be fielding calls for that pick. Miami is not going to trade a lot to only move up 1 spot in the draft. The only completion would be the LA Chargers. Seems like a great chance for Carolina to get their future franchise QB. Tua to me is the best QB in this draft. Nothing against Burrow great QB. But the way the NFL is heading towards these days you need a athletic mobile QB who can throw on the run. Tua has better upside than Burrow the traditional pocket QB.

What would it take to move up to #3 for Tua?

gave up hope that we could get it done when we found out cam can't pass a physical.   to not give up too much draft capital cam was going to have to be included in the deal.  he can't be so it costs too much

He's as good as the guys next year, if we arent committed to Cam i'd be fine with it.  Gonna have to thread a needle to be in a spot to draft one of the guys next year or have a team willing to move out of the spot.  May as well strike when you can.

1 hour ago, joeyxfresco said:

Trade up for a rookie QB who’s had more serious injuries than QB1? Nope. 

Pretty much sums it up for me. If you're considering moving on from Cam due to injury concerns then it doesn't make a lick of sense to trade up in the draft for a QB prospect with a significant injury history. Honestly, it doesn't make sense to take him at #7 if he's still there either.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• We will make it interesting. I think we'll be on a roll by then.
    • Especially glad there's no Thursday games. I hate them. They're dangerous. They really fug up a routine and unless you're team is coming off a bye, they play the game with little rest or prep.
    • Sober. Still feeling it. I really like how the schedule is laid out for us. Perfect for a new HC and rebuilding team. Aside from the Bengals, there aren't  any good teams before the bye. Chargers will be, but they're having to figure poo out just like we are and they'll be coming here for an early game. That one is a toss up. I like our defense against them. I think we'll give the Bengals a fight, but I wouldn't put money on us winning that one. But the saints can be swept. They're beat up and just don't have much going on. They'll be at the bottom of the division. I feel like we will split with the falcons and the bucs. There's nothing scary about the raiders or that washington team. Chicago is another toss up, but they aren't scary either....not yet anyways. We're getting them early in the season so I like our chances. I especially like our defense against a rookie QB. And the broncos....boring. Giants....again, boring. Looking at this, we've got a good defensive thing going on. I think the unit will be better this year a d we're in season 2 of Evero. I like us especially against rookie QBs, and we'll have at least 3 we're facing before the bye. We come in and play smash mouth football and just keep hitting (pounding) away and I think we're competitive. It's that schedule after the bye that scares me. Hopefully by that point they've built up a lot of confidence. You get a scrappy dawg that's got some confidence and a lot of fight in him and you've always got a shot. I think that's what we'll be this year. This year isn't about winning all the games. It's about building confidence and learning what we've got to do. But looking at that later schedule and it's not horrible. We've got the eagles and chiefs....that's scary, but then we've got the cardinals and cowboys at home...and it's the cowboys in December. When have they been scary in December? And we've got division games in there as well. I think we'll do ok. The more I look at it, the better I feel about it.