• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why no talk about trading up to #3 for Tua?

Real1zOnly

2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Hell no. Look I don’t think we disagree. I want DT or OT. I’m just saying there is an argument for co suffering QB. You don’t hear it from me though. I want Cam this year to show he can stay healthy. 

I would be perfectly fine with staying put at 7 and drafting one of the top defensive prospects on the board. I don't think some fans realize just how bad our defense could be this year.

We need to keep hyping Lamb to Arizona so Gruden will trade up to 7 from 12. Our first and second for their 2 firsts and 2 3rds. Grab Kinlaw or Brown if he slides by some miracle, trade away 19 for a late 1st and 2nd. Theres a lot of guys in the 2nd and 3rd that could fill several holes.

I feel like there is a crowd wanting a QB pick because it’s the “sexy” choice. As mentioned, our defense is going to need a lot of help. Let’s not forgot about the o line as well. It doesn’t matter who is behind that line if he is running for his life all game 

9 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I would be perfectly fine with staying put at 7 and drafting one of the top defensive prospects on the board. I don't think some fans realize just how bad our defense could be this year.

I agree. Brown has been my dream scenario since the season ended and every mock is making those stars align. Actually reminds me of the year we desperately needed Star and he unexpectedly fell to us. 

would also be okay trading back and getting Kinlaw but I really just wanna snag Brown and then get some Oline help in rounds 2-3

oh, for the record. They were talking about what we do if Tua fell to 7. Trading up shouldn’t even be a discussion. But I could see the logic if he fell. Still would rather go DT though

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I would classify a starting quality QB a major need.  Right now we don't have one.  We have two camp body's and a broken 5 year removed mvp who will never be the same.  We have a major need at QB.

Honestly don't think we want him to be the same. Dude was the quarterback, the primary running back, and the goal line running back. Hell I think I saw him catch a pass he threw to himself once too. 

Point being, this team doesn't NEED 2015 Cam right now. They need the beginning of 2018 Cam before TJ popped him in the shoulder. Upgrade the oline and this offense is set. Focus more resources on the defense. 

9 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

I feel like there is a crowd wanting a QB pick because it’s the “sexy” choice. As mentioned, our defense is going to need a lot of help. Let’s not forgot about the o line as well. It doesn’t matter who is behind that line if he is running for his life all game 

We need all of the above.  What order they are addressed is really irrelevant.  It comes down to opportunity.

Just now, Navy_football said:

Honestly don't think we want him to be the same. Dude was the quarterback, the primary running back, and the goal line running back. Hell I think I saw him catch a pass he threw to himself once too. 

Point being, this team doesn't NEED 2015 Cam right now. They need the beginning of 2018 Cam before TJ popped him in the shoulder. Upgrade the oline and this offense is set. Focus more resources on the defense. 

Cam is not the future of this team.  He's a glorified place holder right now. 

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Cam is not the future of this team.  He's a glorified place holder right now. 

I don't think anything about this team's future is certain right now. It won't surprise me if this whole wild experiment crashes and burns in spectacular fashion and the whole building is gutted in 3-4 years after we become a complete laughing stock. We're all in on Rhule and his "process" right now and if it doesn't work out it's gonna be ugly.

35 minutes ago, CMAC22 said:

It makes no sense for us to trade up for a QB  this year when we have we have alot more glaring holes needs besides QB on this roster!  No sense to trade up this year when we can have this guy in 2021!Trevor Lawrence GIF by Twitter

What if he stays another year? Does nobody think that will happen?

Archived