• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Are Trading OL Trai Turner To LAC For LT Russell Okung

bobsfoodbasics

1 minute ago, bull123 said:

paradis sucks...he is beyond awful

He sucked in Rivera's scheme but maybe not Rhule's. They are different systems. Also, Paradis got no off-season conditioning program and was still rehabbing during training camp. I don't think you can judge his potential based on 2019. Now if he sucks this year you might have a point.  I said before the season that anything we got out of Paradis in 2019 would be a bonus and he wouldn't be expected to shine until 2020 given the severity of his injury and long rehab.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Reminder that Hurney just traded up in the second round to select Little, the future franchise LT.

Little is going to be one hell of a LG.  Even Smitty said last week that we should move Little to LG and find a LT to solid that side of the line.  

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

He sucked in Rivera's scheme but maybe not Rhule's. They are different systems. Also, Paradis got no off-season conditioning program and was still rehabbing during training camp. I don't think you can judge his potential based on 2019. Now if he sucks this year you might have a point.  I said before the season that anything we got out of Paradis in 2019 would be a bonus and he wouldn't be expected to shine until 2020 given the severity of his injury and long rehab.

I'm really hoping that he needed a year to bounce back from that injury and get his strength back.

4 minutes ago, Castavar said:

This

I am sure they tried but Turner has been poo since signing his mega deal and teams know that. Turner will be one of the highest paid guards next season and hasn't played like one since 2015. 

You guys act like other teams don't watch tape and do their research on players.

The more I'm looking at this, the more I hate it:

• Trading Trai saves $3 million in 2020 but costs us $9 mil in dead cashola

• Okung missed 10 games last year, Turner missed 9 games over the last 5 seasons.

• We now have 4 OTs and 0 Guards. Sure, people can move inside...but I mean, wtf...

• Trai was a 5 time pro bowler, Okung has 2.  Sure Turner dropped off with a worse supporting cast, but he was 26! Get a GD pick for him.

• Okung is soon to be 32 with injury and health issues throughout his career. 

2019 draft full of quality interior linemen and suspect OTs so naturally we trade up to the beginning of the 2nd round to draft Little who might be ready year 3 and ignore the glaring need at guard.

2020 We trade away our only halfway decent guard in a weak IOL class for a LT with injury history and a heart condition with 1 year left on his contract. Best tackle class in years and we're "set" for the future now. 

I get our oline coach wanted this guy but I swear our moves make zero fugging sense when you look at the big picture. Yay, we free up money to sign CMC but have no line for him to run behind. 

The ignorance is staggering.

Archived