• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

2 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

I'm curious to see what happens when too many people start losing everything they have worked for and collectively say we will take our chances and get back to work......man this is a tough mess.

Yeah, it is a tough call, to say the least. People can't stay at home long or there will be bigger issues to overcome. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

California: Shelter in place

NY: Shelter in place

Denver: Shelter in place

Florida: First inaugural Dade County Coughing Contest at 6pm this evening!

I think Louisiana must be having public square dances or something

14 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Yeah, it is a tough call, to say the least. People can't stay at home long or there will be bigger issues to overcome. 

I had not realized that the president touched on this very thing today.

We have got to find a balance.  No we dont want the virus to get out of control before we can supply treatment or cures.  No I dont want to sit by and allow buisness all over the country to fail causing millions of people to lose everything you have ever had.  I have been in a situation before when things got bad and I had to budget so tight I could put 5$ at a time in my truck just to go to work where with what I was making it felt like I was losing money, I thought that was bad.  Imagine the whole country in that situation or worse, no job to go to.

Edited by motocross_cat

I haven't read any of this thread, so forgive me if the following has been recommended, but you can get an antiviral boost by consuming activated garlic.

Simply crush a clove and let is sit for 10 minutes to active the compound (allicin) that acts as an antiviral and consume raw. Gargling with your saliva after chewing on it for a while is great for getting the spot (back of the throat) where many nasties like to fester.

Another antiviral that is easily used is 100% pure copper. Wear a copper bracelet or regularly touch copper for the added benefit. Unlike silver, it doesn't have to be wet for the antiviral effect.

Stay safe huddle.

• Poo 1

7 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

I had not realized that the president touched on this very thing today.

We have got to find a balance.  No we dont want the virus to get out of control before we can supply treatment or cures.  No I dont want to sit by and allow buisness all over the country to fail causing millions of people to lose everything you have ever had.  I have been in a situation before when things got bad and I had to budget so tight I could put 5$ at a time in my truck just to go to work where with what I was making it felt like I was losing money, I thought that was bad.  Imagine the whole country in that situation or worse, no job to go to.

Most politicians do not want to be blamed for being bold, and you can somewhat understand that as their opponents will point the finger at them at the next election.  Thus, if one city does it, most will follow suit.  NC has not had one death yet from the virus.  Chances are they will, but still, taking the extreme measures for "everyone" might not be the best route.

Most however, will say, "better safe than sorry". Then, if everyone is losing homes and jobs, they will point at the Feds.  Easy out.

22 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

I haven't read any of this thread, so forgive me if the following has been recommended, but you can get an antiviral boost by consuming activated garlic.

Simply crush a clove and let is sit for 10 minutes to active the compound (allicin) that acts as an antiviral and consume raw. Gargling with your saliva after chewing on it for a while is great for getting the spot (back of the throat) where many nasties like to fester.

Another antiviral that is easily used is 100% pure copper. Wear a copper bracelet or regularly touch copper for the added benefit. Unlike silver, it doesn't have to be wet for the antiviral effect.

Stay safe huddle.

spit take GIF

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, stirs said:

Most politicians do not want to be blamed for being bold, and you can somewhat understand that as their opponents will point the finger at them at the next election.  Thus, if one city does it, most will follow suit.  NC has not had one death yet from the virus.  Chances are they will, but still, taking the extreme measures for "everyone" might not be the best route.

Most however, will say, "better safe than sorry". Then, if everyone is losing homes and jobs, they will point at the Feds.  Easy out.

This is wild.  People are going nuts, pointing fingers, getting sick, losing jobs and I'm just sitting here trying to figure out a solution to a problem that I have no control over.

giphy-2.gif

39 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

Stay safe huddle.

This post is real low point for this thread and that is truly saying something 

6 hours ago, bull123 said:

yesterday the press at Trumps briefing was limited & practiced "social distancing"

they asked Dr Birx if this could be the new normal?...she didn't really say no

what does this say about the future of spectator sports?

if they won't allow 30-40 people to sit beside each other at the White House, will we EVER see 75k fans sitting together at a football game again???

I don’t think there are 30-40 people who would willingly go to the White House while trump is there 

9 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

I'm not sure I understand. Garlic is a *potent* antiviral when properly activated.

Garlic is also a very potent pussy repellent when activated. Might explain why you are having trouble visiting pound town. 

Edited by 4Corners