• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

6 hours ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

This video is very powerful. I try to remain in the middle myself, but if you ever wanted to see Mr Trumps lies in 35 secs, this video is for you. Goes to show politicians will say anything, you simply can trust any one of them.

Edited by philit99
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, philit99 said:

This video is very powerful. I try to remain in the middle myself, but if you ever wanted to see Mr Trumps lies in 35 secs, this video is for you. Goes to show politicians will say anything, you simply can trust anyone of them.

Politicians lie but pathological liars lie almost all the time. He is a pathological liar. If people can't see that by now, then they have never been exposed to any prior to his popularity. 

• Pie 2

58 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Politicians lie but pathological liars lie almost all the time. He is a pathological liar. If people can't see that by now, then they have never been exposed to any prior to his popularity. 

it is frikkin nuts when you realize you've met one.   like, oh, wow, that is a real thing

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, stirs said:

Maybe NYC has not reported in today, but much better number as far as people who died today.  Only 14 reported so far today.  Big change from yesterday. Sounds weird talking about it in such a manner, but unless they just have not gotten them reported, that is good.

Deaths are the most important number to track.  It gives context and meaning to the infection number.  I'm also trying to keep up with ICU visits that don't result in death.  That number is a lot harder to track, but its also an important factor.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I knew a pathological liar in high school.  It was my girlfriend's friend.  You are right, its different when you meet someone like that.  A lot of people will lie when they get in trouble, or have a particular agenda for lying.  But she'd lie when there was absolutely no reason to lie.  It was just a part of her DNA.

• Beer 1

On 3/25/2020 at 9:07 AM, 4Corners said:

This post is proof you are not a real doctor. Jesus Christ. 

On 3/25/2020 at 8:52 AM, top dawg said:

Nope! That's not what the evidence from South Korea and China suggests. Italy has taken the foolish route---like us---and that's where our curve is headed! 

You want social upheaval & societal instability, go the dumb route!

Tell me, what will SIP do, when people are already going to be walking around? When people have already exposed other people? When it has been here since December, and people have been reportedly sick, and is was ruled out as the Flu? People have already touched surfaces, coughed on surfaces, eating meals and hanging out.  Forcing a society to Quarantine, is more of a draconian rule. Actually, forcing anything, on Americans, does not go over well. Social Distancing, is well needed, and should be followed. Handing out tickets, charging people with obstruction, etc etc.. just for being out... is pretty close to martial law, and not needed. People are doing a pretty good job all ready distancing and only going to stores when need, the extra step, is just going too far. 

Btw, the name Devil Doc... is because I was a Navy Corpsman, and that is our nickname. Corpsman are the medics for the Marines. 

• Pie 1

NYC, by its design, is set up perfectly for a pandemic.

It cannot change its DNA, but that "gateway" to the US, where people come in and out from every country on earth, and the fact that it is soooo heavily populated in such a small space.  It is by design, a pandemic nightmare.  Not throwing shade toward them, just that when something like this comes along, there is nothing you can do about it, period.

Great place to visit for sure because of all the culture, but tracking where in the world it might be coming in from is impossible.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/de-blasio-warns-half-new-york-coronavirus

I would say, more like 70%.  Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, stirs said:

NYC, by its design, is set up perfectly for a pandemic.

It cannot change its DNA, but that "gateway" to the US, where people come in and out from every country on earth, and the fact that it is soooo heavily populated in such a small space.  It is by design, a pandemic nightmare.  Not throwing shade toward them, just that when something like this comes along, there is nothing you can do about it, period.

Great place to visit for sure because of all the culture, but tracking where in the world it might be coming in from is impossible.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/de-blasio-warns-half-new-york-coronavirus

I would say, more like 70%.  Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

My issue is this all these "numbers of cases, and deaths, are coming majorly 5 of the hot spots: Washington State, New York, New Jersey, Louisiana,  and California. Then there is some in GA, Illinois, and Florida. With all this said. We just need to be vigilant, follow proper hygiene. We do not need to change our behavior to avoid being infected, we need to assume we are already infected and change our behavior to avoid transmitting. 

• Pie 1