• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Just now, GoPanthers123 said:

New cases per day is how effective quarantine has been. Total lockdown will still happen because that’s the only that worked in other countries, hopefully ASAP.

New cases per day is probably a pretty poor tracker right now considering our lack of testing and the very specific symptoms you have to have to qualify for testing. Hospitalizations is probably the better barometer. The overall percentage of people requiring hospitalization is probably fairly stable. The problem with that metric is it's like looking into a crystal ball into the past because most people don't end up in the hospital until 10-12 days after exposure and then the average incubation period is 4-5 days. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

New cases per day is probably a pretty poor tracker right now considering our lack of testing and the very specific symptoms you have to have to qualify for testing. Hospitalizations is probably the better barometer. The overall percentage of people requiring hospitalization is probably fairly stable. The problem with that metric is it's like looking into a crystal ball into the past because most people don't end up in the hospital until 10-12 days after exposure and then the average incubation period is 4-5 days. 

See the 538 article posted earlier regarding case counts.

5 minutes ago, stirs said:

Think I will go to Wyoming for next wave

The raw numbers look good until you realize they only have a little over half a million people in the entire state and they've only tested about 800 people. And if you do get sick and need a hospital, you're gonna be in a Wyoming hospital. LOL!

46 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The raw numbers look good until you realize they only have a little over half a million people in the entire state and they've only tested about 800 people. And if you do get sick and need a hospital, you're gonna be in a Wyoming hospital. LOL!

Only state so far without a death was my main point

1 hour ago, jasonluckydog said:

I have esurance part of Allstate and I just checked my payments they're exactly the same. No credits 

Geico is giving credit on next renewal.  I assume Allstate will do the same.  Geico gives 15% credit on next renewal.

9 hours ago, bull123 said:

Anything positive about our President automatically puts you on the mods watch list...and the mods are all ill today anyway since Bernie quit as they all love him

I let my emotions get the better of me on previous posts, regarding our administration. My disdain for Trump stems from the fact that he alone is responsible for the deaths of many Americans. Trump even touting a new drug to fight this disease, has killed people. A couple in Phoenix took the drug due to Trumps proclamation and one of them died. Mr Trump does not think about consequences for any of his actions or anything that comes out of his mouth, he is short sighted. I completely agree that there is no playbook for this type of problem, so I try to cut Trump some slack. However, he is busy flapping his gums instead of letting health professionals educate the public and promote fact, instead of false positives. He just can’t help himself, this is about him, I suppose that is the case with all narcissists. In the end, people will have died directly due to our administrations false narratives, and inability to lead during a disaster. However, I am sure they will find someone else to blame, China, etc. Trump will then be re-elected because the Democrats cant find a suitable candidate and settled on the crypt keeper.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/briannasacks/man-died-chloroquine-phosphate-coronavirus

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 3

2 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

See, that's the stuff that needs a temporary vacation. A long post that has nothing to do with the subject at hand, just more vitriol.

Good you can give me a permanent vacation, I don’t give a f$&k. This has everything to do with the crisis, the inept leadership, and American lives. You don’t agree, that’s fine, but telling me I need a vacation for spouting my view, it’s not your job.

• Pie 5

2 hours ago, bull123 said:

Well...you will certainly gain favor with the mods with this post

im absolutely not on the same page here

I’m not trying to gain favor. I simply hate to see American families, suffer. These are dark days, and I pray we come out of this. Unfortunately, until there is a vaccine I don’t think we will completely recover, there will just be wave after wave of this because it spreads too fast. If you don’t agree with my view, I understand and that’s your right.

Like some I pay to post here, I enjoy this forum and the people. I’ll be a Panther fan regardless of this forum and I wished we had something besides this to discuss. Unfortunately, this will be with us for a long time, at least the next year or so. Chances are this will effect every one of us in some capacity, or someone we know or love.

Edited by philit99