• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Just now, philit99 said:

It will not be because we asked for it, it will be for business continuity purposes! LOL

Right. The market made it happen. Hard to argue with that. My boss HATES people Working from home but it is what it is now. As long as people are getting their poo done who cares where they work. 

9 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I still think there are ways brick and mortar can adapt to lower the risk. Require masks. Limit the # of customers in the store, setting up shopping appointments, putting cashiers behind plastic, etc. It’s doable for many businesses. 

I guess what I am saying is there could be a lot of empty commercial spaces available, when life as we knew it returns.

Edited by philit99
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

I don’t understand this. How can you not talk politics in a thread about Coronavirus. Politicians themselves are talking about it. The personal attacks is what they need to look out for not civil differing opinions. 

Dude, idk. There is a TB thread for this already. On top of that, why was the Eric Reid thread PROACTIVELY CLOSED (by a moderator with a history of bias against Reid and those with similar political leanings no less :thinking:)?

Every week I spend more and more time on the Panthers subreddit than I do here. Which is a shame too, because message boards (albeit a money sink for those that run them) have been where I've made some of my best friends while discussing different hobbies/passions of our's.

To quote an old cliche, it is what it is.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Right. The market made it happen. Hard to argue with that. My boss HATES people Working from home but it is what it is now. As long as people are getting their poo done who cares where they work. 

I'd love to be in the board room of some of these large corporations, ironing out their 5 year vision, and trying to exclude the work from home model!!!! Every company that has a business continuity plan, will use this crisis as a reason for funding employee work from home costs including internet, telecommunications and more. If the business has to start paying employees for home internet, then the accountants will need to make up that money and could see the brick and mortar store front as a way to save capital. Also, if everyone works from home I wonder how that will affect the divorce rate? LOL

Edited by philit99

11 minutes ago, Icege said:

No thank you on the Swedish model.

Data below:

Population of Sweden: 10.23M
Swedish COVID-19 cases: 9,141 
Deaths: 793
Percentage of infected: 0.09%
Death rate: 8.7%

Population of US: 327.2M
USA COVID-19 cases: 434,861 
Deaths: 14,814
Percentage of infected: 0.13%
Death rate: 3.4%

Population of Italy: 60.36M
Italian COVID-19 cases: 139,422
Deaths: 17,669
Percentage of infected: 0.2%
Death rate: 12.7%

Population of South Korea: 51.47M
SK COVID-19 cases: 10,423
Deaths: 204
Percentage of infected: 0.02%
Death rate: 2%

Population of Germany: 83.02M
German COVID-19 cases: 113,296
Deaths: 2,280
Percentage of infected: 0.14%
Death rate: 2%

Population of New Zealand: 4.794M
NZ COVID-19 cases: 1,239
Deaths: 1
Percentage of infected: 0.03%
Death rate: 0.08%

Best-to-Worst Infection Rates:
1. South Korea
2. New Zealand
3. Sweden
4. USA
5. Germany
6. Italy

Best-to-Worst Death Rates:
1. New Zealand
2. Germany/South Korea 
4. USA
5. Sweden
6. Italy

I'd much rather we had followed South Korea's model, but that required early and frequent testing which the administration went out of their way to prevent. New Zealand is worth looking into, despite being a remote island nation. Australia has similar percentages, and both nations are closer to the epicenter of the pandemic. 

New Zealand doing an excellent job

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I'd love to be in the board room of some of these large corporations, ironing out their 5 year vision, and trying to exclude the work from home model!!!! Every company that has a business continuity plan, will use this crisis as a reason for funding employee work from home costs including internet, telecommunications and more. If the business has to start paying employees for home internet, then the accountants will need to make up that money and could see the brick and mortar store front as a way to save capital.

So many things could change.

If remote is good for businesses, then business travel might not be needed.  Airlines will become more vacation traveler oriented.  As you mentioned, office spaces will go down in price.  The boom will be in software/hardware to make everyone accessible along with changes to carry the needed bandwidth.

Wish I could care enough about investing to have jumped on some tech companies already.  Not sure if "conventions" will hold the water they once did either.  Gatherings might be more entertainment oriented like sports and concerts, but the money companies invest in "booth spaces" might be better spent marketing their items from some sort of tech platform.

Who knows, will be some changes for sure

Guess I will still have to see the dentist, ugh

4 minutes ago, stirs said:

So many things could change.

If remote is good for businesses, then business travel might not be needed.  Airlines will become more vacation traveler oriented.  As you mentioned, office spaces will go down in price.  The boom will be in software/hardware to make everyone accessible along with changes to carry the needed bandwidth.

Wish I could care enough about investing to have jumped on some tech companies already.  Not sure if "conventions" will hold the water they once did either.  Gatherings might be more entertainment oriented like sports and concerts, but the money companies invest in "booth spaces" might be better spent marketing their items from some sort of tech platform.

Who knows, will be some changes for sure

Guess I will still have to see the dentist, ugh

Speaking from experience, stay away from GoToMeeting, they suck!!!!! I have dropped five meetings this week. I think the service was not built for the influx of customers! Anyways, it has effected my work, since we were sentenced to work from home.

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Oh boy...….That dense????? I responded to a posters claim about showing positives to our leader in this very thread. You can not call me out, without calling everyone else that posted in this thread defending of our president. Do not insult my intelligence, as I did not insult you. You don't know me, don't call me out, and I don't give a fu%k if you are Brooklyn Decker or not.

If I was Brooklyn Decker I wouldn't be able to type because my hands would be on my boobs. That said, I did say more than you. Seriously, you'll like the TB. It's all debate all the time.

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

If I was Brooklyn Decker I wouldn't be able to type because my hands would be on my boobs. That said, I did say more than you. Seriously, you'll like the TB. It's all debate all the time.

I was really peeved at your response to me directly without calling others out as well. However, you totally redeemed yourself with the Brooklyn Decker comment! LOL

jim carrey harry GIF

11 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

were projected to have less deaths than the flu two years ago. and we didnt even bat an eye at that  

were gunna be fine

get off the internet    

nothing but doom and gloom 

The numbers are going down because of social distancing. I hope nobody forgets that and tries to act like this wasn’t a big deal. Most countries completely shut down because of it. It’s a huge deal. It will continue to be a deal until there is a vaccine/method of treatment. 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

The numbers are going down because of social distancing. I hope nobody forgets that and tries to act like this wasn’t a big deal. Most countries completely shut down because of it. It’s a huge deal. It will continue to be a deal until there is a vaccine/method of treatment. 

This is my fear as well. The moment we go back to normal this thing will spread again, and that will continue until there is a vaccine. This is as big as the Spanish flu ordeal. There is no way to stop spreading this disease. It can live days on surfaces, you can spread it and not even know you have it! I digress, doom and gloom.