• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

9 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Chinese are sensing this will blow up that’s why they are issuing appeasing statements such as eating dogs is wrong everyone.

A majority of the people have never eaten dog meat and despite racist rhetoric, the practice of eating dog meat is not common in China. The ban is related to the trade and consumption of wild animals and their meat. The city of Shenzhen at the beginning of the month stepped up to include dogs and cats on that list, as their being domesticated would have been a loophole in the law (I believe they might have even fallen under livestock?).

Unfortunately, the loopholes for traditional Chinese medicine still exists which is why bear bile will still be legal.

Edited by Icege

10 hours ago, philit99 said:

A winger is a position in hockey usually left or right that has offensive and defensive responsibilities to their side.

The band winger was formed by front man kip winger and was well known during the glam metal phase. They had a huge hit “seventeen” in 1988.

The term “winger” could also apply to one’s political stance, especially if they are completely consumed by a political party, instead of mildly leaning one direction or another.

Also, it is derogatory term for a Marine, who is attached to the Air Wing.  

Edited by Devil Doc

44 minutes ago, Icege said:

A majority of the people have never eaten dog meat and despite racist rhetoric, the practice of eating dog meat is not common in China. The ban is related to the trade and consumption of wild animals and their meat. The city of Shenzhen at the beginning of the month stepped up to include dogs and cats on that list, as their being domesticated would have been a loophole in the law (I believe they might have even fallen under livestock?).

Unfortunately, the loopholes for traditional Chinese medicine still exists which is why bear bile will still be legal.

Its also not just China that eats dogs... other countries do that as well.  It usually depends on a person class.  Dog meat is common among the very poor because that’s all they can afford.  They eat dogs not because they enjoy it but because they hungry and all they can afford.

27 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Its also not just China that eats dogs... other countries do that as well.  It usually depends on a person class.  Dog meat is common among the very poor because that’s all they can afford.  They eat dogs not because they enjoy it but because they hungry and all they can afford.

I used to work in a popular restaurant/bar when I was in college many years ago, and we heard a story about the cooks hitting a German Shepard on the road and they picked it up and cleaned it and ate it. Cooks were from Central America. Don’t know if it was true but I believe that it was. 

28 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Yuuup

Whenn folks find out that it isn't a south east Asian phenomenom and that Switzerland is one of those countries they blue screen irl.

• Pie 2

27 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I used to work in a popular restaurant/bar when I was in college many years ago, and we heard a story about the cooks hitting a German Shepard on the road and they picked it up and cleaned it and ate it. Cooks were from Central America. Don’t know if it was true but I believe that it was. 

I’m sure it was.

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

It’s not as much of a class thing anymore as much as it’s just not taboo. A lot of people like dog, cat, horse, etc. All the things we find repulsive in the western world. Ya it’s true a lot of poor people eat it because it’s affordable. But it’s not limited to just them. 

Never had dog or cat(knowingly) don’t ever plan on it(I imagine they would be like rabbit). Horse is fugging delicious though. Best tartare I ever had besides my homemade(from cows about 2 miles away) was horse meat in Switzerland. 

Edited by Harbingers

4 hours ago, Wes21 said:

A ton of money was lost, that's for sure.  But a ton of money was made, and will be made as well.  My opinion is that a lot of publicly traded companies are going to accelerate losses on their reports, making things look even worse than they were.  But that will help their reports going forward.

The biggest impact on major corporations and businesses is that many of them have now been exposed for using the cheap credit of the last 12 years to offset unwise business practices that didn't build their businesses. So many companies were caught leveraged to the hilt right now and with no  cash reserves that they can't make their bond and debt payments. Many had been unwisely using what should have been cash reserves to buy back issued stock to improve the revenues of the rest of the stock holders. 

We haven't even started to see the bottom of the business impact yet, that is still downstream as a number of companies that have done massive layoffs won't have the cash on hand to restart production/services and make payroll to bring people on. Couple that with the inflationary aspects of the government/Fed Reserve just printing up $3 billion out of thin air and well, you should get the picture. 

Don't drop money into the stock market right now, no matter how bad they want you to. This "recovery" is fool's gold, imho. 

Instead, sock that cash away for your own rainy day. The rains, they are gonna come.

47 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

They ate dogs in Russia during USSR collapse. Europeans ate dogs during world war 2.

Edited by Ja Rhule

15 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Don't drop money into the stock market right now, no matter how bad they want you to. This "recovery" is fool's gold, imho. 

Instead, sock that cash away for your own rainy day. The rains, they are gonna come.

This is the mentality that separates the eternally broke from those that accumulate wealth.  There is a ton of money to be made right now.  Just don't be mad at those that make it, instead of "socking it away."

Ouch. Starbucks couldn't have gotten their timing worse on this one. Really surprised they're not postponing this.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-starbucks/starbucks-to-invest-130-million-for-roasting-plant-in-chinas-kunshan-idUSKBN2100LM

BEIJING (Reuters) - Starbucks will invest 900 million yuan ($130 million) to build the first phase of a coffee complex in the Chinese city of Kunshan, near the commercial hub of Shanghai, with completion targeted for 2022, it said on Friday.

It is Starbucks’ largest investment in a production facility outside the United States and the first production-related investment in Asia, the U.S. beverage chain said in a statement.

The complex, sprawling over 80,000 sq. m (95,679 sq. yards), will include coffee roasting facilities and smart warehouses.