• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

6 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Just saw a report that Ezekiel Elliot tested positive. 

If more of their stars start testing positive, could have a dramatic impact on the NFL season.  

Wow.

When did he test positive? 

I think Brian Jones was first to test positve back in mid-April, was Zeke about the same time?

26 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Some people are going to be genuinely upset when we get back to normal life.  Like, really pissed off.

For them, it all depends on the election.

If there is a D in the White House, one side will all of a sudden become pragmatic, the other side will suddenly start pointing out the administrations grievous mistakes.

• Flames 1

10 hours ago, chknwing said:

This may be the dumbest thing Trump has said to date.  On the increase in covid19 cases.  

"If we stop testing right now, we'd have very few cases, if any,"  - Donald Trump

It is stupid, but Trump has said a lot of stupid things.  He has so many to choose from, not sure if this even makes the top 10.

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A vaccine by next spring would still be unbelievably quick. Ebola currently holds the record and that's still 5 years.

While Ebola is very lethal, it doesn't spread this easily and did't spread to every place on the globe.  This is a 'all hands on deck' situation.  Secondly, SARS is known virus.  While this particular strain is novel, the family has been studied for a while, so it's not like they are starting from scratch with a complete enigma.

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

While Ebola is very lethal, it doesn't spread this easily and did't spread to every place on the globe.  This is a 'all hands on deck' situation.  Secondly, SARS is known virus.  While this particular strain is novel, the family has been studied for a while, so it's not like they are starting from scratch with a complete enigma.

All this is accurate, but it's the trial phase of vaccine development that takes the longest and there's really no way to responsibly speed up that process. A vaccine by next spring would still be producing a vaccine in a year and a half which is less than a third of the time the fastest vaccine has ever been developed. I think it's possible, but I think the people banking on a vaccine prior to the coming cold/flu season in the fall are just not being realistic.

2 hours ago, stirs said:

If there is a D in the White House, one side will all of a sudden become pragmatic, the other side will suddenly start pointing out the administrations grievous mistakes.

I definitely appreciate that idea as well.  Half of my Facebook timeline will change its tune if there is a D in office.  But I was moreso talking about the people who are so personally vested in this.  They really don't care who's in office as much.  Its like they need this thing for their soul or something, its weird.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

All this is accurate, but it's the trial phase of vaccine development that takes the longest and there's really no way to responsibly speed up that process. A vaccine by next spring would still be producing a vaccine in a year and a half which is less than a third of the time the fastest vaccine has ever been developed. I think it's possible, but I think the people banking on a vaccine prior to the coming cold/flu season in the fall are just not being realistic.

I'm more concerned for our economy and people's physical/mental well being.  I'm not personally banking on a vaccine.  Truth be known, the virus will most likely mutate into a less lethal form or burn itself out before a vaccine is readily available.  However short of a vaccine, the hysteria will not settle down.  As stated earlier, I probably wouldn't even get a shot. I'm hopeful for a vaccine so certain people that are still hunkered down in 'bubble mode' can get on with their lives.  The secondary death toll may never fully be known (suicides, refusal of medical attention for treatable conditions and unable to get medical attention).  I would venture to say it could be up to 1/3 of all "related" coronavirus deaths.

Edited by 45catfan

On 6/10/2020 at 12:41 PM, Wes21 said:

Per capita is a warped way of looking at it, I agree.

How many days has it been now?  May 25 to June 16? 22 days and counting.  Minnesota has shown no spike.  New York is opening.  Georgia is still plugging along.

Are we ready to see it yet?

3 hours ago, stirs said:

I like how you basically point out that your own political bias is the reason you assume it's political.

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

How many days has it been now?  May 25 to June 16? 22 days and counting.  Minnesota has shown no spike.  New York is opening.  Georgia is still plugging along.

Are we ready to see it yet?

I still think NYC screwed it up for everyone. Also giving increased incentives to treat coronavirus patients, I think the system got scammed....BADLY.  You can't look at NYC death figures and then look at every other city/state and say it looks normal.  Just dismissing it because of their large population is being very short-sided.  I would like to say their incompetence was due to ignorance, but unfortunately it was more than likely malicious.  Washington State/Seattle never got that bad and they were ground zero for the virus.  Chicago, LA, Detroit, DC, Dallas, Miami...this list goes on and on, none of these large cities experienced the same rate of death, so large populations isn't the main factor here.   Greed and politicization is at the core or this.  I really hope De Blasio gets thrown in jail once exposed.   Cuomo is culpable too.

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I still think NYC screwed it up for everyone. Also giving increased incentives to treat coronavirus patients, I think the system got scammed....BADLY.  You can't look at NYC death figures and then look at every other city/state and say it looks normal.  Just dismissing it because of their large population is being very short-sided.  I would like to say their incompetence was due to ignorance, but unfortunately it was more than likely malicious.  Washington State/Seattle never got that bad and they were ground zero for the virus.  Chicago, LA, Detroit, DC, Dallas, Miami...this list goes on and on, none of these large cities experienced the same rate of death, so large populations isn't the main factor here.   Greed and politicization is at the core or this.  I really hope De Blasio gets thrown in jail once exposed.   Cuomo is culpable too.

Do you believe 9/11 was an inside job?

• Pie 2