• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Meanwhile, I got called an asshole in Ingles this afternoon. An old lady mocked my mask. I told her I'm not wearing it for me but to help people like you. She asked how so. I told her that the primary risk factors for severe illness from COVID are elderly age, obesity, high blood pressure, and heart disease. How many of those describe you? Hint: it was certainly two and likely all of the above. She called me an asshole. I simply replied yeah, I know. LOL!

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Meanwhile, I got called an asshole in Ingles this afternoon. An old lady mocked my mask. I told her I'm not wearing it for me but to help people like you. She asked how so. I told her that the primary risk factors for severe illness from COVID are elderly age, obesity, high blood pressure, and heart disease. How many of those describe you? Hint: it was certainly two and likely all of the above. She called me an asshole. I simply replied yeah, I know. LOL!

Ingles? You in Boone or Asheville?

You should have just starting coughing on her.

• Poo 1

36 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really want to call bullshit on this but unfortunately this is the America we are living in. I guarantee that she was a trump supporter. 

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

I really want to call bullshit on this but unfortunately this is the America we are living in. I guarantee that she was a trump supporter. 

At least you're consistent

Edited by stirs
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Man, Trump has really messed you up. That old dude always on your mind. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

People need to mind their business

On 6/17/2020 at 12:40 PM, Tbe said:

Not looking great. N.C. is on track for NY and NJ levels. 

NC = 450 cases per 100k people

NY and NJ = 2000 cases per 100k people.

NC could be that high in a month or two.

We may be at 8-10% of population infected even now.  

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/antibody-study-shows-more-people-infected-with-coronavirus-in-nc-than-numbers-show/19150903/

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

Antibody test is $10.  Some companies will probably even pay that for you, which is why you’re seeing an increase in total numbers.  It doesn’t mean you are contagious now, it just means you either have it or have had  it.  More testing is obviously making these numbers go up.  Still be vigilant regarding distancing and wear masks you can. 

The death rate in SC keeps trending down and I suspect as much nation wide.  This based on how they scared the absolute POO out of everyone in the beginning by dividing deaths by confirmed cases.  When testing was extremely scarce at the outset and the death rate calculation was as high as 6% in some places (looking at you NYC) and the media ran with that narrative.  I kept saying as testing increased the death rate would slowly drop and it has.  In SC it is now 2.8% from about 5% early on (still too high based off the faultiness of the method) and *knock on wood* if the daily casualties don't start to consistently trend worse, drops a tenth of a percent about every other day now since testing has been in high gear.

Granted, this virus is still not to taken lightly, but it is not the near death sentence that the media made it out to be in March.  I suspect this viruses true mortality rate is no higher than 1% and probably a little lower.

Edited by 45catfan

Italian waste water samples confirm COVID-19 in Italy mid-December 2019.  The first confirmed case wasn't until 2 months later in mid-February.  Our first confirmed case in America was a month earlier than the Italians so in theory this could have been stateside sometime in November.  So who is still buying China's BS timeline on when they knew about this?

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-06-virus-italy-december.html