• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Just now, Real1zOnly said:

My man people are dying from this, it doesn't matter if they are older people. What if one of those older people are someone in your family? Also infants are at high risk as well.

This isn't about protecting the elderly, it's about protecting everyone of all age groups. The virus spreads rapidly. This is just not another flu.

Infants are not at high risk. 0-9 is one of the lowest mortality groups according to preliminary statistics. People are certainly dying, the same way they do with other viruses. Luckily this virus has a low mortality rate for most age demographics. 

• Poo 1

8 minutes ago, Real1zOnly said:

My man people are dying from this, it doesn't matter if they are older people. What if one of those older people are someone in your family? Also infants are at high risk as well.

This isn't about protecting the elderly, it's about protecting everyone of all age groups. The virus spreads rapidly. This is just not another flu.

Just because no one is freaking out doesn’t mean they don’t take it seriously. It has been proven throughout history the people that freak out are the absolute worst during a crisis or panic. Level headed people with a sense of humor can take it just as seriously and actual have more of a positive influence in situations like this. Feel free to freak out but it doesn’t do any good and people who don’t freak out aren’t the problem, quite the contrary.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

Just because no one is freaking out doesn’t mean they don’t take it seriously. It has been proven throughout history the people that freak out are the absolute worst during a crisis or panic. Level headed people with a sense of humor can take it just as seriously and actual have more of a positive influence in situations like this. Feel free to freak out but it doesn’t do any good and people who don’t freak out aren’t the problem, quite the contrary.

Part of not freaking out is understanding and accepting what is coming. We still have a TON of people who seem to think that this is no big deal and will all blow over in a week or two. That's wildly inaccurate and that's what I'm concerned might cause a real panic - when the actions that everyone who has been paying attention fully expect get implemented and the head in the sand crew freaks the fug out because they weren't paying attention or were willfully ignorant.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Part of not freaking out is understanding and accepting what is coming. We still have a TON of people who seem to think that this is no big deal and will all blow over in a week or two. That's wildly inaccurate and that's what I'm concerned might cause a real panic - when the actions that everyone who has been paying attention fully expect get implemented and the head in the sand crew freaks the fug out because they weren't paying attention or were willfully ignorant.

I can agree with that completely. But people also panicked for Y2K. I’m not comparing situations, but there is a fine line. That line is urgency with a level head vs. panicking. Panicking does absolutely no good and I can promise you the people making the biggest impact in solving this are level headed individuals acting in a sense of urgency not people panicking. And these people understand, more than anyone the full scope of this thing.

When people panicking they don’t act rationally, think clearly and spread mis information. Panicking then spreads and people start making decisions based on the individual. In combat for example, or stampedes where people die because of panicking. 

The solution to this comes from working together as a collective and people who panic make that so much harder to do. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I can agree with that completely. But people also panicked for Y2K. I’m not comparing situations, but there is a fine line. That line is urgency with a level head vs. panicking. Panicking does absolutely no good and I can promise you the people making the biggest impact in solving this are level headed individuals acting in a sense of urgency not people panicking. And these people understand, more than anyone the full scope of this thing.

When people panicking they don’t act rationally, think clearly and spread mis information. Panicking then spreads and people start making decisions based on the individual. In combat for example, or stampedes where people die because of panicking. 

The solution to this comes from working together as a collective and people who panic make that so much harder to do. 

Exactly. This is a serious concern and warrants serious considerations. It is not the zombie apocalypse. We have a big chunk of people that need to chill the fug out and also a chunk of people that need to quit being stupid and take the appropriate measures. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Who's freaking out?

Im saying take this serious. I know the people who are freaking out are the people buying up all the grocery stores.

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

So what do I do if I think I have coronavirus?  Ride it out?

If you're not part of an at risk demographic, yes.  But still call your healthcare provider and inquire about testing. They'll see if you meet current protocols. 

It's a virus, so there's no cure. It's all about supportive care. If you don't need supportive care (i.e. you're not having trouble breathing) then there's no reason not to just ride it out at home.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you're not part of an at risk demographic, yes.  But still call your healthcare provider and inquire about testing. They'll see if you meet current protocols. 

It's a virus, so there's no cure. It's all about supportive care. If you don't need supportive care (i.e. you're not having trouble breathing) then there's no reason not to just ride it out at home.

Thanks man, sounds good