• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, he made a big mess but we would still be in a mess if he wasn't there. If you don't believe me, go check out the 538 article on ventilators, go ask your local hospital workers if they stockpile supplies for pandemics or do they buy "just in time." Or look at the historic lack of spending on vaccines and vaccine research. It goes a lot deeper than Trump. It is just not something we have prioritized. 

If I had to guess, even with DemoTrump in office, it won't change after this. 

You are entirely missing the point, dude. I literally said we had months after we knew about a possible pandemic to stockpile those supplies and we didn’t because there wasn’t a CDC control on what was going on. How is this not getting through to you?

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

On 3/11/2020 at 7:39 PM, Tbe said:

I was just talking to a friend that is a nurse in Tacoma. What he’s telling me is terrifying. No hospital in that area is prepared to deal with this. His hospital (a big hospital) has 6 (yes SIX) hazmat suits for the entire building. They are handing off food trays that suspected corona virus patients are eating off from to the dietary staff with no labeling of where the tray came from. Warnings about this are falling on deaf ears. They are setting up adhoc decom rooms but they are failing all tests.

yup, not at all.  And no one seems to really care.  Everything is fake news, blown out of proportion, "just another Flu"...i've heard it all.  Our governer, while he has tried somewhat I guess, is still just twiddling his thumbs in terms of keeping people home.  They need to shut it down here....cases continue to spread, people keep dying and hospitals are already getting overwhelmed.  I feel we are too late at this point now but doing nothing is going to make it a hell of a lot worse.  The only way to stop this is for people to put their lives on hold for a while but Americans are gonna American and no one will tell them otherwise.  

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

You are entirely missing the point, dude. I literally said we had months after we knew about a possible pandemic to stockpile those supplies and we didn’t because there wasn’t a CDC control on what was going on. How is this not getting through to you?

The CDC maintains a stockpile of critical medicines, vaccines, and medical supplies.  Do you honestly and truly believe that they have enough N95 respirators for the over 6,000 hospitals in the US? How about enough ventilators? How about hospital beds? Do you think they stockpile enough for something that could be at a scale like this? Do you think that they would have stockpiled enough whether this virus was here or not? 

I don't. 

Just now, kungfoodude said:

The CDC maintains a stockpile of critical medicines, vaccines, and medical supplies.  Do you honestly and truly believe that they have enough N95 respirators for the over 6,000 hospitals in the US? How about enough ventilators? How about hospital beds? Do you think they stockpile enough for something that could be at a scale like this? Do you think that they would have stockpiled enough whether this virus was here or not? 

I don't. 

They had 3 months to up those stockpiles man. That’s the point. 

A malaria drug is showing early promising results. This is one of about four or five different current anti-virals that are showing early promising results. Too early and too limited of data to call anything a slam dunk, but there's promise out there using existing drugs already available to fight this thing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/186Bel9RqfsmEx55FDum4xY_IlWSHnGbj/view

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A malaria drug is showing early promising results. This is one of about four or five different current anti-virals that are showing early promising results. Too early and too limited of data to call anything a slam dunk, but there's promise out there using existing drugs already available to fight this thing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/186Bel9RqfsmEx55FDum4xY_IlWSHnGbj/view

Actually you mix it with HIV drugs and that’s what China used. It’s already proven. But since we are 3 months behind the curve and the whole FDA process... ya...

Edited by Harbingers

What I was afraid of happening is now starting to happen. I have had 25% of my customers call and cancel in the past 3 days because they are afraid of spending money right now with so much of the economy in question. It's not going to take long for a lot of businesses to fold if this keeps up. It's hard to believe that I can lose everything I've worked for for the past 20 years because of something I can't even see.

Edited by SmokinwithWilly
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

What I was afraid of happening is now starting to happen. I have had 25% of my customers call and cancel in the past 3 days because they are afraid of spending money right now with so much of the economy in question. It's not going to take long for a lot of businesses to fold if this keeps up. It's hard to believe that I can lose everything I've worked for for the past 20 years because of something I can't even see.

Yep. There are going to be a LOT of people in a LOT of financial trouble very quickly absent massive financial intervention. We've essentially grinded every non-essential part of our economy to a halt over the past week. That's not sustainable for long.

21 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Yeah same here my personal chef business is on hold, I have contracts so I still get paid for the rest of the month but after that nobody is renewing for April so yeah. I'm lucky my wife works in tech and is able to work from home and still draw nice paychecks so we will be OK, but the rest of my service industry friends are taking in the ass hard.

I have friends that just opened a brewery and now are closed, they're  beer rich and cash poor and are now trading beer for food and other supplies.