• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

7 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

All this fear of Corona virus is getting out of hand since it isn't as bad a s people have thought since the only deaths were with the elderly that have respiratory problems. According to a NY Doctor that specializes in this sort of thing said making this a pandemic is immature and there is no reason to consider it as a pandemic. 

Don't be ridiculous. If you have a family you should definitely not take any of this lightly.

• The D 1

3 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

Fine, use 1%. That’s still a lot of people.

for sure, it isnt something to be taken lightly, and i'd imagine the rates will be higher than the seasonal flu. but its important not to overreact or spread misinformation, especially in this day and age of social media.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

A person in my town is quarantined at our local hospital who's suspected of having the virus. Small town so people are starting to freak out a bit but I'm prepared. I have my respiratory filter masks, gloves, goggles, disinfectant spray, hand soap & sanitizer along with plenty of rice, water & beans. Not worried about toilet paper. I'll say within a month or so, this will all blow over and everything will go back to normal. At least I hope. Good luck & be safe, friends. 

Not likely. Peak will be in May, should subside after that. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

14 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

Yea lets wait this thing out and see where it goes im pretty sure  the MORE people infected the easier it will be to stop it :eyeroll:

Actually that is true. I’m certainly  taking this virus seriously. Everyone should. But Dr. Michael Osterholm is a public health scientist and disease expert and has literally said it will get easier to contain it. It’s somewhat a counter productive point because that insinuates many people will have it but it does get easier down the line. Those who recover will cease to be carriers. It’ll spread like wildfire in the early stages.

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 1

23 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Affects the elderly the most, especially in terms of death rate.  Not to say young/young(ish) folks shouldn't be cautious, but recovery rates are very high in non-eldery adults.

That’s what I am seeing just keep clean habits and hope for the best.. No panic here normal life!! See it has nasty strain going after weaken immune systems 

There absolutely needs to be severe international pressure on China after this to shut down these wet markets that give novel coronaviruses the ideal environment to cross the species barrier. It seems like every one of these novel coronaviruses ends up getting traced back to Chinese wet markets.

• Pie 5

16 minutes ago, Wolfpredator said:

I live in Tacoma Washington...I know all too well about this getting out of hand now.  

I was just talking to a friend that is a nurse in Tacoma. What he’s telling me is terrifying. No hospital in that area is prepared to deal with this. His hospital (a big hospital) has 6 (yes SIX) hazmat suits for the entire building. They are handing off food trays that suspected corona virus patients are eating off from to the dietary staff with no labeling of where the tray came from. Warnings about this are falling on deaf ears. They are setting up adhoc decom rooms but they are failing all tests.

19 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

It’s not really a known value yet. I think it’s about 3% but most of the deaths are from China which may skew that number. They will have to analyze the data from those that have died. Like most respiratory viruses those that are immunocompromised like the elderly, babies, and those with chronic conditions are where the deaths come from. The problem is science doesn’t know much about the virus yet. So I understand the precaution. 

The flu epidemic of 1918 only attacked the elderly and young in the first wave.  In the second wave it mutated and was much harder to fight. It affected 1/3 the earths population and had a 3% mortality rate.  Lets hope history doesnt repeat itself

• Pie 3

44 minutes ago, Wanderlai said:

The world has lost its mind. The regular old flu killed 34,000 in the US last year even though we have the flu shot yet everybody went on about life. 

Our government health officials have just given and estimate that close to 150M Americans will get infected. The survival rate is 98%. You do the math 

10 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Actually that is true. I’m certainly  taking this virus seriously. Everyone should. But Dr. Michael Osterholm is a public health scientist and disease expert and has literally said it will get easier to contain it. It’s somewhat a counter productive point because that insinuates many people will have it but it does get easier down the line. Those who recover will cease to be carriers. It’ll spread like wildfire in the early stages.

Yea the whole point is saving lives not watch while people die because "hey im young and healthy ill survive"

No man women or Country should have that attitude

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

Yea the whole point is saving lives not watch while people die because "hey im young and healthy ill survive"

No man women or Country should have that attitude

Yeah that’s true. In what what do you perceive me disagreeing with that? I’m telling you what a decorated health scientist said champ...

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan