• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

For those who still don’t take this seriously or fail to understand the meaning of exponential growth and how quickly we’re going to get engulfed by this virus. Consider the following parable about exponential spread.

"You have a pond of a certain size, and upon that pond, a single lilypad. This particular species of lily pad reproduces once a day, so that on day two, you have two lily pads. On day three, you have four, and so on.

Now the teaser. “If it takes the lily pads 48 days to cover the pond completely, how long will it take for the pond to be covered halfway?”

The answer is 47 days. Moreover, at day 40, you’ll barely know the lily pads are there”

At the rate we’re going half of our country will have the virus in about 8 weeks.  I hope our government will do what’s necessary to force people into isolation and flatten the curve so our hospitals can handle those who are really sick

Edited by NAS

Just to change the tone a bit, what is everyone doing since we can't go out?

My wife, son and I rented terminator dark future friday.  It wasn't as bad as I heard. On saturday, I did some yard work.  Then we got out took a long walk, grilled some chicken, and then she watched a movie on The Filipino Channel, while I watched the old movie Battle of Britain.  Today it was another walk, and reading a book that I bought (and planned to read at the beach this week), Countdown to DDay, which gives the german perspective of the buildup to the Normandy invasion

Edited by Davidson Deac II

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

My wife, son and I rented terminator dark future friday.  On saturday, I did some yard work.  THen we got out took a long walk, grilled some chicken, and then she watched a movie on The Filipino Channel, while I watched the old movie Battle of Britain.  Today it was another walk, and reading a book that I bought (and planned to read at the beach this week), Countdown to DDay, which gives the german perspective of the buildup to the Normandy invasion

Too much yard work for one.  Sore all over.  Gravel, mulch, block are no longer pretty in my eyes.

Too much eating at home.  Should have grilled some.  Trying to do business online but that is kinda tough when everyone else is doing yard work or reading about WWII :)

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, stirs said:

Too much yard work for one.  Sore all over.  Gravel, mulch, block are no longer pretty in my eyes.

Too much eating at home.  Should have grilled some.  Trying to do business online but that is kinda tough when everyone else is doing yard work or reading about WWII :)

I have some marble chips to spread around a flower bed.  And a fire pit to build in the back.  Not really looking forward to either of those.  Can't use the "we are going out" excuse any more either.  

48 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

My wife, son and I rented terminator dark future friday.  It wasn't as bad as I heard. On saturday, I did some yard work.  Then we got out took a long walk, grilled some chicken, and then she watched a movie on The Filipino Channel, while I watched the old movie Battle of Britain.  Today it was another walk, and reading a book that I bought (and planned to read at the beach this week), Countdown to DDay, which gives the german perspective of the buildup to the Normandy invasion

I have been staying with family while recovering. We have been watching  A lot of movies lately.  I need to get my Xbox delivered here so I can start getting online because I’m sure tons of people are playing online games now 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Saturday I took the family on the blue ridge pkwy and had a picnic.  Was great

If you go, be sure to take hand soap and bottled water to wash hands.  Restrooms are closed

Edited by jfra78
  • Beer 1

I went with my friends to shooting range and spoke to sales clerk... he said they have never been so busy... people are buying weapons like crazy and manufacturers cannot produce bullets fast enough.  They are on back order for hollow point bullets.

• Pie 1