• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's easy to think this when you don't understand what you're talking about so you just look at the numbers, see them going up, and ignorantly conclude that definitively means there's no season element involved.

Numerous studies have pinpointed the mid-40s as the optimal temperature for the spread of COVID. That doesn't mean it goes away in the summer, it just spreads much less readily.

With a novel that the population has no natural resistance to, that can still be pretty readily, but relatively speaking it's transmission abilities are greatly reduced. There's a reason why there have been lots of outbreaks associated with meat packing facilities. A place where people are working shoulder to shoulder in a refrigerated indoor environment is pretty much perfect for the spread of this virus.

When weather warms it will magically disappear ?It's 80 degrees and sunny in Sao Paulo today and covid apparently does not give a rats.

• Flames 1

32 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

When weather warms it will magically disappear ?It's 80 degrees and sunny in Sao Paulo today and covid apparently does not give a rats.

I get that your entire purpose on this board is to be a snarky ass, but go back and read what I actually wrote and try to understand it.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ja Rhule said:

My dad works construction and within 1 day 65 out or 120 employees got COVID including my dad.  Spread like a wild fire.  And they had a nurse checking everyone temperature as they came to work.  That poo don’t really work.

The temp checks are definitely not accurate.  We have been doing them at my job as well.  To me the value in the temp scans is to see if a particular person is trending up.  I'm coming in pretty consistently around 97.3 exactly, but I had 2 readings at 96.8.  Those were the 2 days I rode to work with the windows down and sunroof open, so I feel like it dropped my skin temperature?  But in the end I think its just a good CYA for companies to feel like they are at least trying, to help with any lawsuits that might come up.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Wes21 said:

The temp checks are definitely not accurate.  We have been doing them at my job as well.  To me the value in the temp scans is to see if a particular person is trending up.  I'm coming in pretty consistently around 97.3 exactly, but I had 2 readings at 96.8.  Those were the 2 days I rode to work with the windows down and sunroof open, so I feel like it dropped my skin temperature?  But in the end I think its just a good CYA for companies to feel like they are at least trying, to help with any lawsuits that might come up.

The temp checks are only relevant if you are running a fever and that is probably too late.

18 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My overall opinion of humanity was already pretty low but the past few months has just about convinced me we're completely beyond redemption. Morons on the right having pool parties and using not wearing masks and not social distancing as a political statement to "own the libs", whatever the fug that's supposed to mean. Morons on the left ccorrectly proclaiming the virus doesn't care about politics when criticizing aforementioned behavior but damned if that didn't fly straight out the window with all of these recent protests.

TLDR version: People are really fuging stupid and politics dumps gas on the stupidity bonfire.

I didn’t know black and brown people being murdered by cops in broad daylight was political. Maybe if this country actually fuging did something about police brutality leftists wouldn’t have to take to the streets during a fuging pandemic. Comparing one side who refuses to wear masks and protests because they can’t get a haircut to the left protesting police brutality after another black dude was murdered is really fuging stupid.

meanwhile you’re in this thread bragging  to a bunch of strangers on the internet about being able to buy a half a million dollar home during a pandemic when 40 million people are out of work.

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 3

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

I didn’t know black and brown people being murdered by cops in broad daylight was political. Maybe if this country actually fuging did something about police brutality leftists wouldn’t have to take to the streets during a fuging pandemic. Comparing one side who refuses to wear masks and protests because they can’t get a haircut to the left protesting police brutality after another black dude was murdered is really fuging stupid.

meanwhile you’re in this thread bragging  to a bunch of strangers on the internet about being able to buy a half a million dollar home during a pandemic when 40 million people are out of work.

Are you watching Office Space right now? Because you definitely your Jump to Conclusions mat out.

It might blow your mind, but you can actually support the cause of the protests while also realizing that gathering in masses right now is incredibly idiotic.

Meanwhile, I sold a home. I'm not buying another one right now because the economic poo storm hasn't even happened yet.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Are you watching Office Space right now? Because you definitely your Jump to Conclusions mat out.

It might blow your mind, but you can actually support the cause of the protests while also realizing that gathering in masses right now is incredibly idiotic.

Meanwhile, I sold a home. I'm not buying another one right now because the economic poo storm hasn't even happened yet.

yeah no. That’s not what you said. You literally just “both sides” in an attempt to compare the two situations which is the reason for my response.

It is never incredibly idiotic to protest what they are protesting regardless of the situation. People are risking their lives for this knowing full well what is at stake. If you don’t see how urgent this is then I don’t know what to tell you. The only way to bring about change is to protest and riot. All other options have been exhausted. And guess what? It’s working. 

They also have free testing sites in major cities specifically for protestors. And orgs like BLM are insisting on people getting tested and staying away from vulnerable family/friends.

I know some of you like Dave Chappelle. Watch this: