• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

12 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

I like this post because it's a tacit admission that you think it's stupid as hell to have a gigantic circle jerk right now but your gag reflex as a Republican won't let you admit it, so your first reaction is "well what about... "

But to answer your question, one of those groups thinks trying to get people to wear masks in public is a liberal conspiracy to steal their freedom.

Glad I was able to let you get that off your chest

For the purely political minded, you are in an election year and like any other politically minded person, you want to say, "hey, I have freedoms, or, hey you like Trump so your dangerous"  I could care less as Trump or Biden or horrible, horrible alternatives for the country to choose from, embarrassing actually.

But for those who are not constantly breathing their politics, this thing is constantly circling back to what we knew in Jan.  If you are old and especially if you have underlying health conditions, stay safe.  If you know someone like that, stay safe or stay away from them.  Taking precautions are good.

For those in charge, stop sending sick people to rest homes to get well, it is beyond moronic that you would send death sentences to those who are most vulnerable by purposefully putting Covid into their facilities where they cannot get away from it.  Beyond moronic.  Then, you wonder why people do not adhere to your constantly moving goalposts about how to act.  No amount of shaming can substitute for competence.  And the governments and CDC have acted the entire time as if they do not know what to do or how to act.  It started as wear masks, then not wear masks, then back to wear masks.  If the government has already killed your grandparents in the rest home, then I am not sure that people are gonna want to continue following them and their changing rules, especially those who are young.  It is just human nature.  Gov should know that.

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Ea5-O1lWkAEqJaE?format=jpg&name=900x900

complete negligence and mismanagement from the trump administration. He does not care about you. 

Have you noticed how certain posters will say the government is doing a bad job all day long but they'll tie themselves in knots to avoid specifically criticizing the actual people who are running the government.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

14 hours ago, stirs said:

Does COVID differentiate between BLM and Trump?  Is one mass gathering better or worse as far as the virus?

Just look at the crowds. At the BLM protests, almost everyone was wearing a mask. At the Trump rallies... well, let's see how it shakes out, but advance word is that if you are a true believer in Trump you won't wear a mask and don't need to.

COVID doesn't differentiate, but the practices of the participants will probably differentiate them for it.

7 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Just look at the crowds. At the BLM protests, almost everyone was wearing a mask. At the Trump rallies... well, let's see how it shakes out, but advance word is that if you are a true believer in Trump you won't wear a mask and don't need to.

COVID doesn't differentiate, but the practices of the participants will probably differentiate them for it.

Understood.

The problem is, at least for me, that we were told in the beginning to wear masks, then, that unless they were N95 masks, they were no good anyway, then don't wear masks unless you are contagious, then, everyone wear masks, even if just a bandana.

It would be smart, at least for optics for Trump to hand out 50k "red" masks or whatever, at least to make people think they gave a crap, but I think his angle is not so much about safety, at least that is not what he touted 4 years ago, haha.  OK will be just a big drama w/ Trump vs Antifa

And keep in mind, Antifa has been masking for years.....

Edited by stirs

7 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

While there was certainly some mask wearing going on at events, I also most certainly saw plenty of photo op pictures from politicians walking hand in hand with protestors without a mask in sight. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Have you noticed how certain posters will say the government is doing a bad job all day long but they'll tie themselves in knots to avoid specifically criticizing the actual people who are running the government.

Intriguing observation sir. And now that you mention it, yes, I do see that tendency.

1 hour ago, stirs said:

Understood.

The problem is, at least for me, that we were told in the beginning to wear masks, then, that unless they were N95 masks, they were no good anyway, then don't wear masks unless you are contagious, then, everyone wear masks, even if just a bandana.

It would be smart, at least for optics for Trump to hand out 50k "red" masks or whatever, at least to make people think they gave a crap, but I think his angle is not so much about safety, at least that is not what he touted 4 years ago, haha.  OK will be just a big drama w/ Trump vs Antifa

And keep in mind, Antifa has been masking for years.....

our own govt has found no threats coming from antifa . look at the leaked documents.  its the boogaloo movement and white supremacists that are a threat to law enforcement at the protests, in other words outside antagonists trying to start a race war.  oh, here's the article in case you want to look at it - from the noted liberal rag the washington post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/06/19/leaked-document-makes-trumps-use-nazi-era-symbol-look-worse/

They're going to hand out masks at tonight's events as a CYA measure. Meanwhile, the demagogue will be on stage refusing to wear a mask and downplaying if not outright completely denying the ongoing pandemic. When the inevitable outbreak among attendees happen, they say, "Well, we handed out masks and told people they were attending at their own risk. They signed a waiver." in complete denial of the pivotal role they played in said outbreak.

• Pie 1