• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2020/07/14/police-two-crime-scenes-following-stabbing-windsor-township/5433647002/

DELTA TWP. – A Grand Ledge man who stabbed an elderly man inside a Quality Dairy store after being refused service for not wearing a mask was shot and killed by an Eaton County deputy several miles away, Michigan State Police said.

After the Grand Ledge man, Sean Ernest Ruis, 43, walked into the QD at Lansing Road and North Canal Road at about 6:45 a.m. Tuesday, a 77-year-old male customer confronted him about not wearing a mask, MSP Lt. Brian Oleksyk said. Tuesday was the second day of Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s order that masks must be worn inside businesses.

24 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2020/07/14/police-two-crime-scenes-following-stabbing-windsor-township/5433647002/

DELTA TWP. – A Grand Ledge man who stabbed an elderly man inside a Quality Dairy store after being refused service for not wearing a mask was shot and killed by an Eaton County deputy several miles away, Michigan State Police said.

After the Grand Ledge man, Sean Ernest Ruis, 43, walked into the QD at Lansing Road and North Canal Road at about 6:45 a.m. Tuesday, a 77-year-old male customer confronted him about not wearing a mask, MSP Lt. Brian Oleksyk said. Tuesday was the second day of Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s order that masks must be worn inside businesses.

I am working in Michigan now and these people are insane. There is a reason you keep seeing all this crazy behavior out of this state.

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am working in Michigan now and these people are insane. There is a reason you keep seeing all this crazy behavior out of this state.

I went to Michigan State and lived in Michigan for about 10 years, so I am aware.  The stabbing happened right around the corner from my friend's house.

16 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I bet the deaths are about to skyrocket again which is why trump admin is trying to seize the CDC death rate info so it can be swept under the rug. 

Trump bet his Presidency on COVID being a hoax or "just disappearing" despite how insanely idiotic those ideas were according to just about every virologist and epidemiologist on the planet. He ignored his own advisors refusing to adhere to simple preventative measures because he thought that would make him look weak which has heavily contributed to the normalization of other citizens doing the same. Out of other options, the only move left is to cook the books and fix the score in order to claim victory.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Trump bet his Presidency on COVID being a hoax or "just disappearing" despite how insanely idiotic those ideas were according to just about every virologist and epidemiologist on the planet. He ignored his own advisors refusing to adhere to simple preventative measures because he thought that would make him look weak which has heavily contributed to the normalization of other citizens doing the same. Out of other options, the only move left is to cook the books and fix the score in order to claim victory.

Talk about your political conspiracy theories.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He obviously didn’t help things but lets be honest there were complete fuging idiots who ignored science wayyyy before trump and there will be fuging idiots after trump. I’m not a fan of Obama but imagine “America’s left” in power telling people to wear masks. People would go batshit fuging crazy. Because this country is full of fuging idiots who think they know better than literal scientists. This country was founded on rugged individualism not solidarity.

people were calling what we’re seeing now months ago.

• Beer 2

Just now, TheRumGone said:

He obviously didn’t help things but lets be honest there were complete fuging idiots who ignored science wayyyy before trump and there will be fuging idiots after trump. I’m not a fan of Obama but imagine “America’s left” in power telling people to wear masks. People would go batshit fuging crazy. Because this country is full of fuging idiots who think they know better than literal scientists. This country was founded on rugged individualism not solidarity.

people were calling what we’re seeing now months ago.

No disagreement there. I think it just has a huge normalization and empowering impact when you have a sitting POTUS spewing the anti-intellectual propaganda.

2 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

gonna be interesting to see how many people are shot stabbed etc in walmarts now that they have a mask requirement.

Many of the stores had it already (it just wasn't done nationally). Talking to a bunch of people, the consensus is that there's a sign on the front door saying it's "required" but enforcement is non-existent and a huge percentage of people still walk around with no mask. None of the employees want to confront a non-mask wearer due to fears of them reacting violently.

Murica!