• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

9 hours ago, Wyank said:

I can tell you that at least one school district from where im from is privately preparing to start next school year with remote classes.  Source being my wife is a teacher in that school district. 

I'm wondering how much of the online stuff will become "the new normal" going forward.  Be it school, work, etc.

31 minutes ago, philit99 said:

You are absolutely right. We saw tremendous economic growth at the expense of all environmental protections ever put in place. Trump removed most protections for the almighty dollar. Yes we benefit, no doubt, but at what cost. The short sighted decisions could have long lasting consequences. It’s why we should think before we leap. Now all of those economic heights are squandered and what does that leave us? Same amount of money with lower air quality.

Let's also remember that companies in the US were holding record amounts of debt on their books, thanks to phenomenally low interest rates. What the pandemic showed was how it wasn't the interest rates, but the principal payments that would kill these companies that were so leveraged and without any real cash reserves. 

That's a systemic problem that actually existed long before Trump. Trump, however, has always run his businesses leveraged to the hilt and has, through policy and rhetoric, encouraged our economy to work this way, too. He has long been the champion of borrow and reap rather than save and sow seeds. Trump's not the originator of our economic weakness, he's just the posterboy.

It all works well until, well, a rainy day comes. Our country has been so prosperous that it has withstood all of those rainy days, hurricanes, flooding, massive fires, civil unrest and malaise since 2016. It took a pandemic, a modern plague, to shake us down. The idea of borrowing our way back to economic health should be scaring everyone.

13 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

Same.  We will be able to tell which company cares about their employees and which cares only about profits.

It wont matter when the unemployment benefits run out and dotard refuses to extend them.  The ruling class has us right where they want us.  Work or starve and go homeless.  Throw a few more serfs on the fire so we can warm up our profit margins.

1 hour ago, Wes21 said:

I'm wondering how much of the online stuff will become "the new normal" going forward.  Be it school, work, etc.

I'm sure it's just trying to be prepared for worst case scenario but I wouldn't get hopes up for schools opening for the remainder of this school year. 

Shall we try this again? I promise you that the third time will not be the charm. If it gets locked again it'll be for good and all this conversation will transfer to the TB.

In other news, I just found out from someone very much in the know that Colorado's stay at home mandate will be lifted on April 27th and Governor Polis is set to announce that today at 3:30.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Shall we try this again? I promise you that the third time will not be the charm. If it gets locked again it'll be for good and all this conversation will transfer to the TB.

In other news, I just found out from someone very much in the know that Colorado's stay at home mandate will be lifted on April 27th and Governor Polis is set to announce that today at 3:30.

Don’t bring this garbage to the TB

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If that's true then I laugh at those idiots that got themselves all lathered up over 7 days at the capitol yesterday.

• Pie 1
36 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

you have some good sources

Update about Stockholm, Sweden. 

A very small anti body study was revealed today. Test on blood from donors.

11 of 100 people tested positive for antibodies. Test conducted last week, +2 week for being healthy before donate = the result reflect status ~3 weeks ago. Sensitivity 70-80%, and other details, blah blah...

Conclusion according to experts is that ~30% of people in Stockholm could already have been infected.

The day with most deaths is the 8 of April and its seems the curve is flattening even when accounting for delayed reporting. So things are getting better. Tomorrow there will be a bump because of the weekend.

But I think the grey in this chart, the projection is taking the delayed weekend's into account. But its from random programmer dude, but the other colors is official data.

deaths_lag_sweden_2020-04-20.png

https://adamaltmejd.se/covid/

Is there any antibody study done on New York? Is the curve flattening there also?

• Pie 1