• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Obvious.  I mean now Covid-19 causes fatal accidents on highways!

For the sake of discussion let's say that fatality numbers are 20% too high when we factor in both deaths that aren't actually directly attributable to COVID or associated complications as well as deaths that were missed and aren't being counted... it changes nothing in the big picture since deaths are still over 110K and climbing rapidly. I also don't think the numbers are anywhere near 20% too high and again, it's about more than just deaths.

Edited by KSpan

13 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

tHiS Is aLl bEiNg dRiVeN By pOlItIcS

yeah I think the Orange Man is a bad President and has done a bad job.  I don't have a particularly high opinion of his most vocal supporters either.  Call your therapist.

i would but it's Saturday

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Blind leading the blind. Continue

Explain why we're the global leaders in cases and deaths then. The rest of the world took aggressive mitigation measures. When we did, we saw our numbers begin to decline and then we threw caution to the wind again and here we are. It's morons like you why we're in our current situation. Thanks.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, KSpan said:

For the sake of discussion let's say that fatality numbers are 20% too high when we factor in both deaths that aren't actually directly attributable to COVID or associated complications as well as deaths that were missed and aren't being counted... it changes nothing in the big picture since deaths are still over 110K and climbing rapidly. I also don't think the numbers are anywhere near 20% too high and again, it's about more than just deaths.

A large percent of deaths nationwide were/are in elderly care facilities.  Many of those folks had underlying issues and for those that did/will recover will struggle with the damage from COVID-19 in some fashion, no doubt.  Where this thing got out of control is when it could listed coronavirus as a "factor" in a person's death.  Primary reason, sure...I totally understand it.  A potential factor?  Nah, that can be twisted any imaginable way no matter how far stretched and it has.  Numerous errors in case reporting has happened too leading to the padding of numbers.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Explain why we're the global leaders in cases and deaths then. The rest of the world took aggressive mitigation measures. When we did, we saw our numbers begin to decline and then we threw caution to the wind again and here we are. It's morons like you why we're in our current situation. Thanks.

I bet that HIV-denialist antivax lobbying group he posted a few pages back has a good explanation for it.