• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton's Legacy with the Panthers

PantherBoy95

I'm happy to have been a fan of a team who provided a quality OL and offensive weapons around him and thus allowed Cam's talents to greatly enhance THE TEAM and thus win a championship with him, rather than use and abuse him to cover for ineptitude and mediocrity for nine long years as occurred at Carolina.

But, to the topic at hand, my fondest memory of Cam's time in a Carolina uniform will be his willingness to do whatever it took to win with the two-ton weight of Ron Rivera's mediocrity and lack of imagination on his shoulders for every goddam second of that time. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No single play encapsulates what Cam did for this team more than this one IMO. Our offense pretty much WAS Cam Newton from the moment he was drafted. Virtually every season he was healthy, not only was he our QB driving our passing game, but he also led the team in rushing yardage and/or rushing TDs.

This was Cam Newton literally carrying our offense on his back while everything else broke down around him.

Check the game logs. We had DWill and JStew, and there were games where Cam Newton led the team in Rushing Attempts. Attempts! That's ridiculous! You have 2 running backs called friggin Double Trouble, and your QB has the most Attempts!?

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

I'm happy to have been a fan of a team who provided a quality OL and offensive weapons around him and thus allowed Cam's talents to greatly enhance THE TEAM and thus win a championship with him, rather than use and abuse him to cover for ineptitude and mediocrity for nine long years as occurred at Carolina.

But, to the topic at hand, my fondest memory of Cam's time in a Carolina uniform will be his willingness to do whatever it took to win with the two-ton weight of Ron Rivera's mediocrity and lack of imagination on his shoulders for every goddam second of that time. 

Bro, we had our disagreements but one thing we did agree on was Cam Newton. I hope and pray he leaves here and dominates wherever he goes. 

33 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Worst part. There is not a single player left from any of those pictures I believe(gano doesn’t count) here

Gano, JJ Jansen, Shaq Thompson and Kawann Short.

Gano's status is still up in the air as the team is expected to choose between him and Joey Slye.

Tre Boston, Kyle Love and Darryl Williams are still unsigned as free agents.

The good: He was fun to watch, partly because he enjoyed himself out there.  Not only did he do incredible things, he had fun doing them.

The bad: He was asked to do too much.  My own opinion is that it wasn't because we didn't have other potential weapons (as was said earlier, two running backs called Double Trouble), but because it was easier to just let him do it.

The conclusion: I started losing my interest in the NFL right about the time he hit his peak.  For the first time, that made me more of a fan of a team than the sport.  Had it not been for the Panthers, largely Cam, my apathy for the NFL would probably be about three years further along than it is.  He helped keep me watching.

Good luck to you, sir.  You were something special and hopefully will be again.

Cam is the greatest Panther of all time. He changed the culture and evolved this fanbase. This backwoods country ass franchise didn't deserve Cam. I'm going to miss seeing him every Sunday on my local television channel. I wish Cam the best of luck and I'll continue to be a fan of his. 

Cam will always be remembered for what he did on the field and how he changed the culture in Charlotte.  We should never forget how generous Cam was with his time and money for this community.  He truly accepted Charlotte as his home and embraced this community as no other had before him or since.  I love Cam and wish he could have ended his career here in Carolina, I feel we owed it to him and the fanbase and organization has let him down.  Wish Cam all the luck wherever he goes.

My favorite football player of all time, and second favorite athlete of all time behind Maradona. Obviously the greatest Panthers quarterback. A misused and underappreciated elite talent. A charismatic leader who put a dull team on the map. Will win a Super Bowl starting for another team. Won't really be the same without him.

Archived