• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

EXPOSED: HURNEY 2.0 IS LITERALLY JUST HURNEY EXTENDED

RumHam

Remember when they rebooted Star Wars and it was basically a remake of episode 4? then the series went on to be pure garbage and end hectically? Yeah well that's the same as Hurney. Look at these backloaded contracts and all the dead money. If Tepper is advising on this, he has no concept of money and why should he? he throws it around. His ego will bury this franchise much like Jordan has the Hornets. I think this is why the NFL wanted him to have the team so we'd just be a small market non-factor b/c they knew how Tepper was. 

Admitting Bridgey is a stop gap, but then paying him for three years with the cap hit increasing each year so even if we tank for Trevor, we still have to pay him. We have the deepest debt AGAIN AND SOME OF YOU PEOPLE ON HERE THOUGHT THINGS WOULD BE ACTUALLY DIFFERENT? It is very hard to compare GM's because WE'VE REALLY ONLY EVER HAD FOUR WHICH WITH ONE LASTING NEARLY 20 fuging YEARS. We will go 2-14, draft Trevor and go to a super bowl and get screwed in 2025 against Denver again. Rinse, bring Hurney back in in 2026 and repeat to bury the team. We now have a more gaping hole at safety. Unless he's still obsessed with forcing Gaulden in there which i wouldn't doubt that.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I'd really appreciate not seeing the words "Hurney" and "extended" used in close context with each other.

(this thread title just about made me sh-t my pants)

oh he extends when he sees the opportunity to backload a contract

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He is who we thought he is. If you want to crown him then crown his ass, but he is who we thought he is and we let him off the hook!

I saw that rant when it happened, and I never really understood the last line of it.

Once upon a time, an H/R guy called me into his office and let me know that I'd just been downsized from the company. My boss had been let go the afternoon before. A handful of others were let go throughout the day, each individually and each one with the office being cleared out for a quiet and mild walk out of the building.

After all of the extra weight had been removed, the owners of the company came in and informed him that his time of employment was over. 

They cleared the workforce and then washed their hands of it by letting the axe man go. 

I believe this is what we may be seeing. It has that real corporate downsizing feel.

So... funny story

Our salary cap situation for the next few seasons looks really, really good.

Committed to payrolls in...

• 2021: ~$106M
  • 2022: ~$52M
  • 2023: ~$18M

This season, the salary cap is ~$198M. It's risen by at least $10M consistently every season since the last CBA. Even if the cap freezes at $198M, the team is looking at substantial cap space going forward. 

Archived