• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Haven't The Panthers Cut Cam Yet?

beastson

Cam has to be happy he can’t be traded and will just be released. He can do what he wants including taking the season off and waiting for an injury to someone’s starting QB,.. or someone not to come back as scheduled like Ben in Pittsburgh— could happen.

9 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Cam has to be happy he can’t be traded and will just be released. He can do what he wants including taking the season off and waiting for an injury to someone’s starting QB,.. or someone not to come back as scheduled like Ben in Pittsburgh— could happen.

Wouldn't want to wait too long, though.

As mentioned elsewhere, there are more options out there than there are available jobs.

6 minutes ago, dcpanther89 said:

They have until June 1st, why rush it. If the draft doesn’t go the way another team likes or they cant get the QB prospect they want they could still trade for Cam.

See above.

Big money knew what he wanted to do. He leaked his plans to the media so every team in the NFL knew what he wanted to do. He then has everyone play coy like they want Cam and he has value, during a philanthropic face/media time event he showed doubt about Cams recovery and status, and then tells Cam to look for a trade after he himself tanked any value Cam had.

Big dummy should have implemented his plan by firing Ron asap and releasing Cam last season or the previous season since he already leaked that he was trading Cam soon after he arrived. He's big money, take the hit, move on. Instead he looks like a bipolar, clumsy, indecisive, wanna be GM.

26 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Big money knew what he wanted to do. He leaked his plans to the media so every team in the NFL knew what he wanted to do. He then has everyone play coy like they want Cam and he has value, during a philanthropic face/media time event he showed doubt about Cams recovery and status, and then tells Cam to look for a trade after he himself tanked any value Cam had.

Big dummy should have implemented his plan by firing Ron asap and releasing Cam last season or the previous season since he already leaked that he was trading Cam soon after he arrived. He's big money, take the hit, move on. Instead he looks like a bipolar, clumsy, indecisive, wanna be GM.

AKA Jerry Jones 

Cutting Cam is in the best interest of Cam. 
Keeping Cam and waiting is in the best interest of the Team.
Who get's to make the decision?

Cam is not going anywhere to start this season. No one (including the Panthers) is putting all their eggs in that basket given the outcomes of the past two seasons. If a team wanted him as a starter he would have already been dealt. He's going somewhere to compete at best.

What we/the team needed was Cam to come back in December and show he was healthy. Then we don't have these things happening.

Someone (NFL media observer, I forget who) mapped out this whole scenario, what is happening now with the inability to pass a physical preventing the Panthers from recouping anything for him, last year during the season. How if he and his camp decided to play hardball they could handcuff the team and get released.

I think that is what has been happening. I am not a fan of Tepper so far, but don't see why Cam is blameless in this. I think he manipulated things by scheduling the surgery and probably with hanging out all those weeks only to go on IR.

4 hours ago, falconidae said:

Because, if Cam can pass a physical, the team can cut him without losing any money. If they cut him injuried, they'll have to pay him something.

This would make more sense about way the Panthers are presently holding back on giving Cam an outright release.

4 hours ago, Rogue Panther said:

OP,

Why would we cut Cam now when there is still a chance a team could trade for him?

You hold him to the last day possible. 

Its not exactly an unusual thing to see organizations cut loose loyal soldiers (that the organization has made it clear they are moving on from) who have served them well so that they can have as much time as they can to find separate employment.

Not that I expect such a thing could happen from this Tepper-diseased organization.  Just saying that other, less-diseased organizations have done so in the past.

2 hours ago, stratocatter said:

What we/the team needed was Cam to come back in December and show he was healthy. Then we don't have these things happening.

Someone (NFL media observer, I forget who) mapped out this whole scenario, what is happening now with the inability to pass a physical preventing the Panthers from recouping anything for him, last year during the season. How if he and his camp decided to play hardball they could handcuff the team and get released.

I think that is what has been happening. I am not a fan of Tepper so far, but don't see why Cam is blameless in this. I think he manipulated things by scheduling the surgery and probably with hanging out all those weeks only to go on IR.

One thing I have to credit a bunch of you for is your absolute ruthless creativity in myth-making.

Archived