• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are your favorite Cam Newton moments/plays?

Mage

It's been the case for awhile now, but it is official that Cam Newton will almost certainly never suit up for the Carolina Panthers again.  

Without a doubt one of the greatest Carolina Panthers of all-time.  We aren't the biggest market in the NFL, but Newton (along with several other great players) helped catapult us into the spotlight.  Regardless of how you feel about his tenure, there is no denying that he put his body all on the line for us and there are hundreds of spectacular plays by him that will be remembered.

Probably my favorite is the 2 consecutive runs he had against the Cardinals in the NFC Championship game.  Cam Newton was an animal in 2015.  I don't think any one player can carry an entire football team like you see in basketball or other sports, but Newton was as close as you can get that year.  The stats don't do it justice and these runs show why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue7Bg-6S1ic

Our power run game was based entirely around Cam Newton.  And something about these runs define Cam Newton to me.  There wasn't great blocking.  There wasn't anything unique about the play.  It was simply asking Cam Newton to do what he had done his entire career and that was bail the team out and make something out of nothing.  He didn't shy away from the hits.  He wasn't looking to slide.  He eluded defenders, stiff armed defenders, and jumped over defenders.  And did it in the biggest win of his career, in style.  

Throwing the game winning TD pass to Olsen against the Seahawks. Diving into the end zone against the Cardinals in the NFC Championship. The scramble for a 1st down against the Patriots. Front flipping into the end zone against the Texans. That insane throw for a TD vs Atlanta.  His great game against the Saints in the playoffs when he was throwing to practice squad receivers. A lot to pick from.

I'm going to miss Cam being a Panther.  Was hoping he would be the Panthers QB until he retired. Didn't want to see him play for another team. But I know it's a business and even the best players rarely only play for one team their entire career.  Hope he has an MVP year wherever he goes and I'll still pull for him unless he's playing the Panthers. 

all of 2015 it was such a magical year even though we didn't get a super bowl , thats always a season we can look back on and remember how good we were . big thanks to cam .im glad cam is being realsed because it wouldnt be the same seeing cam without luke and greg olsen. we have a new team now . fans will go and leave us but we have a new team and cam is no longer a panther i respect everything cam did  but i will not root for him anymore 

1 hour ago, mattnasty919 said:

It was a toss up between this and the crazy scramble against the Patriots, but the sheer willpower on this play I will never forget. 

IMO no single play so thoroughly encapsulates what Cam Newton meant for our offense. As everything breaks down and falls apart around him, Cam Newton put our entire offense on his shoulders and dragged them across the line.

Archived