• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rough times ahead

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

It is amazing the number of people who are not taking this seriously. They are making this worse for all of us. 

Yup. One of my neighbors up here works in a grocery store & since we're pretty well stocked, (tp, pasta, yeast & flour are the only shortages) he's noticed several groups that show up almost every day to buy a few items & socialize. 

11 hours ago, ladypanther said:

It is amazing the number of people who are not taking this seriously. They are making this worse for all of us. 

To be fair, certain people in the government - one in particular- weren’t taking this very seriously until about a week ago. 

9 hours ago, 332nd said:

Yup. One of my neighbors up here works in a grocery store & since we're pretty well stocked, (tp, pasta, yeast & flour are the only shortages) he's noticed several groups that show up almost every day to buy a few items & socialize. 

The yeast part is surprising. I guess everyone is learning how to bake.

14 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Given how people typically react, it amazes me that the vast majority of people are taking it seriously.  The last time I hit the grocery store on Friday morning, the roads were virtually empty except for trucks.  The grocery stores were relatively full, but even there, everyone was wiping down their carts, and maintaining a distance from each other.  

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Given how people typically react, it amazes me that the vast majority of people are taking it seriously.  The last time I hit the grocery store on Friday morning, the roads were virtually empty except for trucks.  The grocery stores were relatively full, but even there, everyone was wiping down their carts, and maintaining a distance from each other.  

Yes the vast majority of Americans are doing their part and you sorta get an odd sense of pride seeing all people pull together (pun intended) for something.

For the first time that I have seen yesterday, trump really had a somber briefing.  I think that's going to be even more eye opening for many people.

I work in IT and have to drive around to stores, pick up parts..ect. 

The amount of people out and about that probably don't need to be is staggering. Went to microcenter to get parts in Dallas... Omfg. 

Also, my company downsized majorly and salary employees took 15% pay deductions but still have a job for now, thankfully. 

5 hours ago, Murph said:

Governor Cooper just signed an order not allowing anyone's utilities to be cut off in NC

Duke energy and Energy United put out two weeks ago that no one's power would be cut off during the state of emergency.  The governor's order probably includes the city and county water utilities.  

2 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

I work in IT and have to drive around to stores, pick up parts..ect. 

The amount of people out and about that probably don't need to be is staggering. Went to microcenter to get parts in Dallas... Omfg. 

Also, my company downsized majorly and salary employees took 15% pay deductions but still have a job for now, thankfully. 

Because all businesses are essential. There's a boat sales marina that's still open in Wilmington.

1 hour ago, cookinbrak said:

Because all businesses are essential. There's a boat sales marina that's still open in Wilmington.

Yeah the "essential" businesses listed include shoe stores and lawn equipment sellers too FFS. Would have been shorter to list the non-essential businesses. 

2 minutes ago, LiQuiD said:

Yeah the "essential" businesses listed include shoe stores and lawn equipment sellers too FFS. Would have been shorter to list the non-essential businesses. 

I was at Lowe’s last week and the guy I talked to said they would stay open because they are essential. Yeah right. Lowe’s isn’t essential. Especially when people are not supposed to be leaving their houses. That includes going to Lowe’s for 12 bag of mulch. Lowe’s understands that a lot of people are cooped up inside and now have the time to finally get those projects done. It’s bullshit. I feel bad for those people working. 

Archived