• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We Need To Trade For Josh Rosen

CanadianCat

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah... no. Please no. 3-13 as a starter. Career sub-55% passer. 12:19 TD:INT ratio (1:5 last season). The guy is absolutely terrible. 

Look at the situations he has been in. No one would (and did) do well there. 

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

Look at the situations he has been in. No one would (and did) do well there. 

Look at how terrible he is. He's a part of creating those terrible situations. Legit QBs help lift a team up. Guys like Rosen are just more weight around the neck.

FWIW, this is the exact line of thinking that Panthers fans clung too when we acquired David Carr. Turned out he really was just that bad. Rosen really is just that bad.

The rest of the story on Rosen seems to be that while he is very “book smart “ that it doesn’t translate to the football field.  Some people who get A’s in the classroom, fail miserably in the real world. Rosen is apparently is one of those who isn’t football smart and can’t apply his coaching to the field.  Pretty much the kiss of death for a QB

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Look at how terrible he is. He's a part of creating those terrible situations. Legit QBs help lift a team up. Guys like Rosen are just more weight around the neck.

FWIW, this is the exact line of thinking that Panthers fans clung too when we acquired David Carr. Turned out he really was just that bad. Rosen really is just that bad.

The difference is we would not expect him to be a #1 guy this year. MAYBE he becomes that but he is a very cheap, low downside high upside kind of guy and thats exactly what what Carolina needs right now.  

Even if you traded a 7th for him and you cut him before the season that kind of flyer is worth it. 

11 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

The difference is we would not expect him to be a #1 guy this year. MAYBE he becomes that but he is a very cheap, low downside high upside kind of guy and thats exactly what what Carolina needs right now.  

Even if you traded a 7th for him and you cut him before the season that kind of flyer is worth it. 

OK, I think I see why people believe you have gone round the bend.  You are talking about trading a 7th round pick for him, not the 7th pick. 

At least it better be that, or else the cookie truck will be coming by to collect you and carry you off.  Or WOW is right.

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Would you be "all in" with Miami tanking like they did and not even trying to hide it?

I have on good authority from the huddle teams don’t tank...their 20 first rounders for the next two year is a coincidence 

First off, I think Op is insinuating a 7th round pick, not #7 overall.

Though I do think more highly of Rosen than most on this board and would've been fine throwing a 7th rounder at the Dolphins pre-PJ Walker, it doesn't make sense given our QB room. Combine that with the fact that we don't know the plans for QB of the future beyond 2021, we could be looking to draft a QB next year.

I personally am a Teddy believer, given the OC and the weapons at his disposal. I think he can be our QB for the next 5-8 years and better utilize draft assets to build the team up in other areas. PJ is a great prospect and Grier wasn't that bad of a selection once you get past the way he was drafted.

To your question though Op - no, we don't need Rosen here. Not because of his talent, but because of current players and direction we are going in. 

53 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

OK, I think I see why people believe you have gone round the bend.  You are talking about trading a 7th round pick for him, not the 7th pick. 

At least it better be that, or else the cookie truck will be coming by to collect you and carry you off.  Or WOW is right.

haha yes. 7th ROUND. 

4 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

First off, I think Op is insinuating a 7th round pick, not #7 overall.

Though I do think more highly of Rosen than most on this board and would've been fine throwing a 7th rounder at the Dolphins pre-PJ Walker, it doesn't make sense given our QB room. Combine that with the fact that we don't know the plans for QB of the future beyond 2021, we could be looking to draft a QB next year.

I personally am a Teddy believer, given the OC and the weapons at his disposal. I think he can be our QB for the next 5-8 years and better utilize draft assets to build the team up in other areas. PJ is a great prospect and Grier wasn't that bad of a selection once you get past the way he was drafted.

To your question though Op - no, we don't need Rosen here. Not because of his talent, but because of current players and direction we are going in. 

Yes 7th round. I forgot that coincidentally we also owned the 7th OVERALL pick....  Yeah I think giving up little to no assets is worth a flyer. I think a 6th might be to steep in comparison. 

On paper Rosen should be able to beat out PJ. But I also dont think that at this stage, having no franchise QB (and I like TB as well) we need to either invest a high pick in that position OR turn every stone to find him. This options allows us to do that at a low cost. 

Archived