• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We Need To Trade For Josh Rosen

CanadianCat

So hear me out... 

If Miami drafts a QB then we should offer a 7th round pick for Rosen.

His salary this year is 1.4 and has one more year with a 5th YEAR OPTION which is very valuable. He has gotten a raw deal each of the last 2 years yet he was very highly rated QB when coming into the league. 

I think given how low is draft value could be it would be worth a roster spot to bring him on board. I dont think he would beat out TB but would likely be our #2. Given that he would be so cheap for this year and next we would have a lot of time to look at him to see if you could eventually push TB for the #1 spot. 

Im under the mentality that you cannot go wrong by having too many QB's on the roster. We are in a position where we need one.

This seems like a low risk / high reward investment. 

Overview
Josh Rosen's footwork and mechanics make him as pretty a quarterback as you will find in this year's draft. The biggest concern with Rosen is that his on-field success requires many elements to stay on schedule. He lacks plus arm strength, so identifying coverage (pre- and post-snap) and throwing with anticipation takes on added importance. Rosen has the pocket poise, accuracy and intelligence to become a good NFL starter, but he needs to be willing to take what defenses give him more frequently. Rosen will need to quell concerns surrounding leadership and coachability early on in order to establish a strong first impression and get his career off on the right foot.
Strengths
  • Tennis prodigy with impeccable footwork and delivery balance
  • Plays with excellent coordination between eyes and feet
  • Gets head around quickly on play-fakes
  • Has experience under center
  • Anchors in pocket and doesn't creep around needlessly
  • Trusts his protection and doesn't take eyes of targets when pressure mounts from the edge
  • Climbs pocket when appropriate
  • Willing to stand and deliver in face of pressure
  • Completed 63 percent of his passes when blitzed in 2017
  • Accuracy totals negatively impacted by 31 receiver drops this year
  • Holds his water in pocket
  • Mechanics are terrific
  • Rarely over-strides and throws with consistently bent front knee
  • Throwing motion and follow-through are effortless
  • Extremely confident and intelligent
  • Throws receivers open
  • Might be best back shoulder thrower in the game
  • Shows ability to speed up operation time for move to next level
  • Very good usage of shoulder fakes and hitches to move defenders or buy additional time for receivers to uncover
  • Touch passer who can throw feathers when needed
Weaknesses
  • Durability is a concern
  • Carries slight build and has had injury issues dating back to high school
  • Carries ball low in pocket with slight upward pre-throw hitch
  • Too casual in pocket set-up
  • Decision making and post-snap reads are inconsistent
  • Refuses easy throws at times
  • Arm talent and strength are below average
  • May need to make greater effort to drive field and seam throws
  • Poor career deep ball completion rate
  • Excess air under ball allows challenges
  • Lacks gun to challenge safeties with rip throws over the top
  • Needs better anticipation
  • Poor mobility
  • Struggles to elude early pressure
  • Completed just 42.4 percent of his throws when forced to move
  • Too much hero ball
  • Extends plays and takes unnecessary chances rather than throwing it away
  • Scouts question his passion for football and whether he will be a willing student

Not worth our 7th. We already picked up a QB this offseason. Focus in the many other places we desperately need an infusion of young talent and not spend a top 10 pick on a guy who looks to be closer to being cut or traded for a late round pick.

I was never impressed by Rosen. Do not want. if you spend a 1st on a QB they had better be a franchise QB. He is not. Lacks arm strength, hell no thank you.

EDIT: This guy couldn't even beat Fitzpatrick for the starting job? Hell no x 1000

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Not worth our 7th. We already picked up a QB this offseason. Focus in the many other places means desperately need an infusion of young talent and not spend a top 10 pick on a guy who looks to be closer to being cut or traded for a late round pick.

I was never impressed by Rosen. Do not want. if you spend a 1st on a QB they had better be a franchise QB. He is not. Lacks arm strength, hell no thank you.

I don't even think Rosen is a roster caliber QB, much less a franchise QB. He and Will Grier are about the same level IMO and honestly, I'd rather give Grier another shot than Rosen simply because due to a smaller sample size to judge. 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't even think Rosen is a roster caliber QB, much less a franchise QB. He and Will Grier are about the same level IMO and honestly, I'd rather give Grier another shot than Rosen simply because due to a smaller sample size to judge. 

I think you are right. This is the type of QB pick that scares the hell out of me now that we will be in the market until we find a franchise QB. I did not miss this position at all.

9 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Would you be "all in" with Miami tanking like they did and not even trying to hide it?

Arizona sure cut bait on him quickly after spending a top 10 pick on him. He basically played their Jimmy Clausen role. Ensured them getting the #1 overall pick and landing an actual potential franchise QB prospect.

Archived