• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater vs. the Field

kungfoodude

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Why do you say Stafford and Wentz are JAGS?

I just don’t think they are top tier QBs. Stafford has been cursed to play in Detroit and puts up numbers, but they are perennial losers. Wentz is a bitch and is disliked by his teammates, plus he is fragile and is hurt often. 

teddy is one of the best , people forget how good he was before his injury which took out two seasons . it took the saints to sign him and brees to go down for him to get some playing time and what did teddy do? he out played brees , theres a strong argument that saints would have went all the way if teddy was in instead of drew brees . oh but teddy is a check down qb , so what he moves the chains which puts us in an opportunity to score . with rhules offense you dont need a peyton manning at qb you just need someone that can pass accurate and move the chains . get us in the red zone and mccaffrey can do the work . teddy doesnt turn the ball over often , he can play when we are down and bring us back . we got a big steal in bridgewater and he is our future qb people so dont think we are tanking for lawrence its just not going to happenn , this is a play off team and 3 years will be a superbowl team 

1 minute ago, Mister said:

teddy is one of the best , people forget how good he was before his injury which took out two seasons . it took the saints to sign him and brees to go down for him to get some playing time and what did teddy do? he out played brees , theres a strong argument that saints would have went all the way if teddy was in instead of drew brees . oh but teddy is a check down qb , so what he moves the chains which puts us in an opportunity to score . with rhules offense you dont need a peyton manning at qb you just need someone that can pass accurate and move the chains . get us in the red zone and mccaffrey can do the work . teddy doesnt turn the ball over often , he can play when we are down and bring us back . we got a big steal in bridgewater and he is our future qb people so dont think we are tanking for lawrence its just not going to happenn , this is a play off team and 3 years will be a superbowl team 

16749A6B-5F97-470C-85B3-6181534A3AAF.gif.f44d45b6afd989f2e4338a1f5dc41f5e.gif

6 minutes ago, Mister said:

Teddy hasnt played a full season in 5 years.  And when he did he wasnt even that good.  Nothing tells me that in that span he has become some all pro qb that is going to carry this team.   And he is going to take one for the team playing behind this oline. 

53 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This is an interesting exercise that I was going through with a friend and decided I would try it on here. Basically a QB vs. QB comparison and who you would rather have as a QB. You can argue the points any way you like or justify it in any way(injuries, age, system, etc). Try to leave out salary just because that adds an element that is hard to account for.

Would you rather have Bridgewater or:

Josh Allen - Allen.

Fitzpatrick/Tua - I'll take Fitzpatrick/Tua(risky bet on Tua's future being the determining factor)

Jarrett Stidham - Bridgewater all day.

Sam Darnold - I'll take Darnold by a slim margin. Not that sold on him as a QB, however. 

Lamar Jackson - Jackson.

Joe Burrow - Burrow. I think he's a much better version of Bridgewater.

Baker Mayfield - Bridgewater. I just don't buy Mayfield as being anything but a below average QB. He's a mediocre version of a gunslinger.

Ben Roethlisberger - On the surface you would say Big Ben by a mile but he is coming off Tommy John surgery, so you have to question if he still has it. Still take Ben.

Deshaun Watson - Watson.

Philip Rivers - Rivers is nearing the end of his career but I'd still take Rivers at this point. 

Gardner Minshew - Bridgewater

Ryan Tannehill - Tannehill is a much more talented QB but the flashes have been few and far between. The best version of him is better than Bridgewater just doesn't show it enough. I'll take Bridgewater.

Drew Lock - Bridgewater.

Patrick Mahomes - Mahomes.

Derek Carr - Carr but not by a wide margin. 

Tyrod Taylor/Justin Herbert - Bridgewater

Dak Prescott - Prescott may be overrated but he is still a superior QB. Prescott.

Daniel Jones - This is tough. Jones took a lot of lumps as a rookie and the talent is there. Just not sure I believe in him. Bridgewater.

Carson Wentz - Wentz, even with injuries his ceiling is so high.

Dwayne Haskins/Kyle Allen - Bridgewater.

Nick Foles/Mitch Trubisky - This is tough. I generally like Foles a little better than Bridgewater but I would take Bridgewater over Trubisky. 

Matt Stafford - Stafford.

Aaron Rodgers - Rodgers.

Kirk Cousins - Given Cousins giant choking problems, you would think this might be competitive but Cousins has led the Vikings to a decent amount of success. Cousins.

Matt Ryan - Ryan.

Drew Brees - Brees.

Tom Brady - Even being washed up, Brady.

Kylar Murray - Eh....I am not a huge Murray fan but his upside is intriguing. Murray by an edge.

Jared Goff - Goff just strikes me as an average QB playing in a great offensive situation. I'd take Teddy but not by much. 

Jimmy Garappolo - Garappolo is another above average QB. I'd take him over Bridgewater.

Russell Wilson - Wilson. 

I would take Teddy over Carr, Darnold, and Foles too. Other than that I agree, though I am still not 100% sold on Burrow, time will tell

21 minutes ago, Mister said:

People have a real revisionist history of Teddy before the injury. He was a mediocre game manager carried by Adrian Peterson and a stout D.

He outplayed Brees last year... LOLOLOLOL!!! Brees' completion percentage was 7 points higher and his TD% was 50% higher. It wasn't even close. 

57 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I don't want any of those guys. All in the look to the draft category and really not worried about nitpicking.

I would take Stafford or Wentz for sure. I do realize that Wentz has a Mr. Glass sort of history, so I can understand being concerned from that aspect.

53 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

I just don’t think they are top tier QBs. Stafford has been cursed to play in Detroit and puts up numbers, but they are perennial losers. Wentz is a bitch and is disliked by his teammates, plus he is fragile and is hurt often. 

I don't think Stafford's struggles to win have as much to do with them as it does playing for a loser franchise, although we may never know if that is true. 

Rodgers is a nightmare of a teammate but regarded as one of the best in the league, so I don't know how much I care about that. He's also a guy that almost won league MVP prior to getting his knee blown out. 

IMO, Wentz is very close to being an elite QB. Stafford is that group right behind those guys. I'd say he is definitely above average and not a JAG. 

Archived