• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Wont partake in Trevor Lawerence sweepstakes

ncfan

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph the carpenter! I am so sick of hearing all these "fans" talk about tanking. You play a sport to win, never to intentionally lose! What Miami did last year was appalling and embarrassing, and I hope they suck for a long long time. Are we going to win the SB this year? I doubt it. The division? Unlikely. BUT, I will be cheering for a win every time the Panthers take the field, and so should you.

Schuyler Callihan has no idea what he’s talking about. He’s basing his logic on our offense being “great” while our defense being bad. Hate to break it to you, but a first year HC/OC rarely figure out the offense within the first year. I expect 3/4 wins max and to be firmly within grabbing Lawrence or Fields.

For me though, I love both my Hornets and Panthers but without some kind of spark at QB, and I don't mean Teddy, who was never electric, ever, like Cam or Smitty, I'm kind of leaning towards Hornets games this year. They've built a good young squad over there and may soon be a playoff franchise, maybe even this year. More bang for the buck. More games less money. Yeah, no Cam, no Luke more Moxy.

Love the draft though.

As much as I would kill to have Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields and Trey Lance from NDSU look to be legit. Oh and there's a LEGIT generational talent at offensive tackle in Penei Sewell. Did I mention the J'marr Chase, who should be one of the top WRs in the NFL?

What I'm trying to say is that there is a LOT of talent coming out in this years draft. If we don't get Lawrence we will still get a blue chip recruit.

5 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

I got drunk and bet my best friend $300 we break .500, so I damn well hope we do.  But I’m already accounting for that $300 loss.  I get too confident in this team sometimes.  It’s a miracle I’m not homeless.

PM me the next time you get drunk. I'd like to get in on some of that betting action. LOL!

1 minute ago, shaqattaq said:

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph the carpenter! I am so sick of hearing all these "fans" talk about tanking. You play a sport to win, never to intentionally lose! What Miami did last year was appalling and embarrassing, and I hope they suck for a long long time. Are we going to win the SB this year? I doubt it. The division? Unlikely. BUT, I will be cheering for a win every time the Panthers take the field, and so should you.

So Miami actively trying to get higher picks and more picks is appalling and embarrassing? If we had the exact same record and signed a bunch of FAs, were we more embarrassing? We clearly weren’t playing hard at the end of the year so all that FA money spent and we gave up.

I still am amazed that people don’t get that trying to get the #1 isn’t intentionally losing. It’s not signing FAs and starting a sub par QB that will Clausen or Weinke into Pick 1 or 2. No coaches are telling the young guys to let the other team score. It’s just not signing stop gap guys so you can try and get a 5-10 year run at the playoffs.

Was Cam good for us? Why is it so hard to ignore that starting Clausen got us Cam? We’re we going after FAs or signing a Teddy to keep us afloat?

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

As much as I would kill to have Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields and Trey Lance from NDSU look to be legit. Oh and there's a LEGIT generational talent at offensive tackle in Penei Sewell. Did I mention the J'marr Chase, who should be one of the top WRs in the NFL?

What I'm trying to say is that there is a LOT of talent coming out in this years draft. If we don't get Lawrence we will still get a blue chip recruit.

You are correct at the talent at the top. It’s solid. Now if we go 7-9, then we miss out on everything. I still believe we need a franchise QB. We aren’t solid everywhere else enough to get a game manager to the SB and that’s what we all want. I always mention Lawrence but there are other solid QBs and I hope we don’t stay in the mediocre range. When the second best QB is a guy coming off a bad injury (and many others), you can trade up big Fields and Lawrence do what they do, no one is trading out of 1 and 2.

Archived