• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Grier had the "Play of the Day" today

Jeremy Igo

Bill V says Grier made the play of the day today.

Biggest play of the day was a Will Grier deep ball to Pharoh Cooper. 

Derrick Brown made his presence known with a PBU at the line. 

Russell Okung walked off midway through with a trainer.

As much as some fans hate to hear it, Grier is not off the Panthers radar. They want him to be a lifetime backup and would be very excited if he turned out to be more than that.

Also, Coming leaving is a bit worrisome given his history. Anxious to see what it is.

Why would fans hate to hear that we’re not giving up on Grier. Yeah he was bad last year but what rookie 3rd round QBs thrust into that situation aren’t bad. Give him time, there’s a chance he becomes a solid backup which is good enough for me. 

1 minute ago, Cary Kollins said:

Wait so Marty used a third for a guy they want to be a lifetime backup QB? Lolz

Better than the 10+ first round qb's on rosters that our lifetime backups. Backup QB is a lot more important than it used to be. I dont think I need to provide examples. A draft pick that is worth a roster spot, is a always a win for a gm. Especially if you take into consideration how easy it is to fail in the draft.

31 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Already hearing the ‘Curtis Samuel looks good tweets’. 

In a year where everything has changed, some things stay the same. 

Samuel's only real problem (and, no, an irregular heartbeat fixed by ablation, is not a real problem) has been circumstance, and that coaches have not put him in to a consistent position to succeed.

If Belichick or Reid had Samuel, he'd be an NFL-household name by now!

28 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Samuel's only real problem (and, no, an irregular heartbeat fixed by ablation, is not a real problem) has been circumstance, and that coaches have not put him in to a consistent position to succeed.

you mean besides his hands?

1 hour ago, raz said:

you mean besides his hands?

Honestly, I thought about that but considered it an overblown issue. Some of the most notable receivers---including some of the best in history---in the league leave a few on the turf [Don't believe me? Look it up!].  Samuel bought a JUGS machine. I'll just trust that he's actually putting it to good use and that it will reflect in his play on Sundays.

Archived