• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fans at games?

KillaCamNewton

On 8/30/2020 at 10:41 AM, chknwing said:

I just got back from nashville and they are even worse than NC.  Police ticketing if not wearing a mask in public.

Rutherford county 20 mins outside of nashville has live music and bar service with no capacity restrictions until 3am. Downtown Nashville has live music and bars until 10:30am and on Sept 1st peddle taverns and actual bar service returns. Downtown memphis has beale st wide open until 10am. My buddy just visited me from NC this weekend and couldn’t believe the freedom lmao and he stays in Wilmington which doesn’t even have that many cases. 

keep in mind Tennessee cases are going down and they are more open than NC, so my point was that there was zero chance for fans at games in Charlotte this season.

I stopped going to football games long before Covid. Overpriced tickets, hellacious parking and traffic, flat warm beer and food that tastes 2 days old at best.

Maybe if the team puts together a more consistent product I'll go back to a game in town. More than likely I'll still watch it on my flatscreen and enjoy the tailgating experience the whole game for about 25% of the price of going to the stadium.

4 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

i said i wasnt going to make this thread political and instead was just asking if the team had made any announcements yet

but since you wanna go that route tell me the death count in states with Democrat governors vs Republican and get back to me

Tell me whether democrat governor's are actively changing numbers and hiding cases and deaths like Republican governors are?  Plus the highest rate of new cases per capita are not Democratic states. Sure California have the highest numbers but have right at  40 million people and 600,000 plus cases. Florida and Texas also have over 600,000 cases but Florida has 21 million people and Texas has 29 million and Georgia has 10.million. Georgia has 250,000 cases. What do Texas, Florida and Georgia have in common? Republican governors .

2 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

You are gonna get NY thrown at you with that argument...and CA. Edit: and NJ.

Exactly if you take out those two states who got hit early and hard, the republican  states are now the biggest problem because they still resist masks and social distances. As a percentage of population New York is well below Arizona in total cases per capita despite all the number fixing.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/07/31/states-with-the-highest-number-of-covid-19-cases/112545512/

The two highest. Arizona and Louisiana.

1 hour ago, thunderraiden said:

Rutherford county 20 mins outside of nashville has live music and bar service with no capacity restrictions until 3am. Downtown Nashville has live music and bars until 10:30am and on Sept 1st peddle taverns and actual bar service returns. Downtown memphis has beale st wide open until 10am. My buddy just visited me from NC this weekend and couldn’t believe the freedom lmao and he stays in Wilmington which doesn’t even have that many cases. 

keep in mind Tennessee cases are going down and they are more open than NC, so my point was that there was zero chance for fans at games in Charlotte this season.

No they aren't going down all over the state. Nashville yes but the Eastern part of the state has had  a huge increase. And given it takes 3 or 4 weeks for you to go from infected to hospitalized, let's see how the count rises over the next month.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-numbers/east-tennessees-covid-19-case-rates-are-trending-up-despite-progress-elsewhere-in-the-state/51-b969221f-6989-4043-99bf-6e0be5905a4b

43 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Exactly if you take out those two states who got hit early and hard, the republican  states are now the biggest problem because they still resist masks and social distances. As a percentage of population New York is well below Arizona in total cases per capita despite all the number fixing.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/07/31/states-with-the-highest-number-of-covid-19-cases/112545512/

No they aren't going down all over the state. Nashville yes but the Eastern part of the state has had  a huge increase. And given it takes 3 or 4 weeks for you to go from infected to hospitalized, let's see how the count rises over the next month.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-numbers/east-tennessees-covid-19-case-rates-are-trending-up-despite-progress-elsewhere-in-the-state/51-b969221f-6989-4043-99bf-6e0be5905a4b

Imma be honest dude, I cant live my life in fear of something that has a 0.0001 mortality rate for people under 70 that aren’t over 400 Ibs.

29 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Imma be honest dude, I cant live my life in fear of something that has a 0.0001 mortality rate for people under 70 that aren’t over 400 Ibs.

Honestly getting piss drunk at Slate and then sitting in that sun during week 1 against the Rams last year was probably worse for my health than COVID

8 minutes ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

Tepper needs to call Cooper and say "no fans? OK, let me give my buddies in Greenville, SC or Rock Hill, SC a call." Time to take 100% of the Panthers tax dollars out of NC.

Because they have nfl facilities...great idea.....lol

The potential stage 3 date is only 2 days prior. They are just being practical making the decision now.

22 minutes ago, CatTower said:

As an essential worker, I laugh at all of you people who are all up in arms about people not wearing masks.  I guess I must be a superhero to you guys, especially considering almost nobody that works with me wears a mask.

I hope y'all dont do anything important as you don't seem to have any sense. I would not advertise who you are as I have seen it adversely affect business as people with sense expect you to follow the guidelines.

Over and over these thing are biting the foolish in their asses.

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

Health officials in Maricopa county (Phoenix) have already admitted they manipulated their numbers and counted everyone person who died with a positive COVID test within 60 days as a COVID death regardless of whether it actually contributed to their death or not. Maricopa makes up 60% of the total number of “covid” deaths in AZ

Next

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

Archived