• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Big Men Allow You To Compete"

hepcat

Let’s hope they pivot and give Franklin/Hartsfield the snaps that Whitehead is getting on pass plays. I don’t understand having Whitehead out there on passing obvious passing downs. On his best day Whitehead couldn’t cover Renfrow. That’s on the coaches for not putting their players in positions to succeed imo. 

24 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I believe I recall reading a blurb that we tried to sign him this off season but he preferred to be in Buf

I'm not surprised, he could go to Buffalo and play in a defense he already knew vs. coming back to Carolina and having to learn a new scheme. But like I said he had his old LB coach so maybe it wouldn't have been that different. Maybe the Panthers couldn't pay him what he got in Buffalo. Who knows.

It's way early but the DEs looked small in play yesterday. Brown was eating blocks and pushing but I didn't notice KK at all and I don't remember seeing any positives out of the DEs other than a couple of plays by Burns for effort.

I was interested in seeing how they would use the smaller DEs in a 4-3 on both sides and I still haven't don't know this will work. 

2 hours ago, NAS said:
2 hours ago, hepcat said:

Klein was a free agent this offseason and signed with the Bills. Panthers had a chance to re-sign him. Panthers even have his old LB coach Al Holcomb. 

Wow I am speechless. Thanks Hurney

AJ got 3 years / $18 million with $9.7 M guaranteed. I'd have paid that all day. We knew coming in that Whitehead was a liability in coverage.

Archived