• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear Panthers - Trevor Lawrence

mrcompletely11

The NFL has gifted us an incredible opportunity.  A generational player is coming out and we are one of the leaders in the clubhouse for him.  We are not very good at all.  Our defense stinks and is only going to get worse.  Our offense is limited with Bridgewater at qb and our star running back is now hurt.   The only competition we have for the #1 spot is the Jets and I think they will luck into a few wins.  So please Panthers dont get cute and try and win.  Start the youngsters, take your lumps and lets get Trevor on the squad next year.

Yours truly

Just now, pantherj said:

I don't think fans will sit still for 3 seasons of Teddy. Draft a QB preferable Lawrence.

If the Panthers can string together some wins later this year they will buy another year to see what Teddy can do. If not, they will draft a qb. Either way, it will work itself out. 

Winning cures all ills. Thats all fans really care about. 

I went on last week about how if we had the #1 overall pick, I'd want to trade down.

And while I still think Teddy can win here, first int was just a bad choice and second int I think is another example of him and Teddy not having a lot of chemistry yet, Lawrence is admittedly the type of QB that can be an elite level player. When you compare him to past drafts, you can take him over most First QBs taken (when comparing them coming out.), and you'd have to look at Luck? Maybe before you come to a real competition, you have a real great prospect.

That said if we end up picking #2 I'd take Sewell or trade down over Fields.

24 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

If the Panthers can string together some wins later this year they will buy another year to see what Teddy can do. If not, they will draft a qb. Either way, it will work itself out. 

Winning cures all ills. Thats all fans really care about. 

Weeellll...I don't know about that. I too would like a generational talent at QB once again and hopefully not screw it up this time. It would make it easy for most fans to get back on board.

I really like Lawrence’s height and intangibles. However, I am not sold on him being a generational QB. I know it is the Clemson love, but not every great college QB will be a great NFL QB. On the right team I think Trevor could be a good QB, other teams not so much, particularly teams with a porous defense (like us). Same goes for Sam Howell, who could be too short to play QB in the NFL.

7 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I really like Lawrence’s height and intangibles. However, I am not sold on him being a generational QB. I know it is the Clemson love, but not every great college QB will be a great NFL QB. On the right team I think Trevor could be a good QB, other teams not so much, particularly teams with a porous defense (like us). Same goes for Sam Howell, who could be too short to play QB in the NFL.

What are his weaknesses? I personally think that Fields would be a better fit for Joe Brady's offense, but if we get to choose TL, then I am making that pick.

Archived