• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does this team have less talented players than the 2010 team?

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Meh, that team had some talent, this team is banking on younger talent with DJ, Robby, Burns, Chinn, and Brown.

I feel like this team is better suited for todays NFL

We had 9 ads in 2010...9.

Davis now is 20/20 hindsight because he didn't even really have his coming out till 2012. He was out the entire 2010 season and only played 2 games in 2011 I believe.

Heck I would have put Charles Johnson on that list before TD looking back.

This is easily the least talented roster we have fielded. Here is a nice mental game to play, take our starters on offense and defense and look at the rosters of our divisional rivals. Pick which guys you would rather have versus ours. It gives you a good idea of the talent disparity that exists at the moment. 

You also have to sit back a wait to compare rosters at the end of the season. Say (huddle panic in coming) we finish 5-11 or 4-12. Does that automatically make this roster better?

Say Burns turns it up and starts getting sacks, Johnson was also slow to start 2010 so you have to look at the whole body and not the now. 

This is probably the worst roster Carolina has ever fielded as long as I've been a fan going back to 2001ish.

Every group outside of WR, RB, QB, and DT have huge question marks in terms of talent and depth compared to the rest of the NFL, and the QB spot is on a dangerous precipice depending how steady or not Teddy can be.

At the end of the day, the roster is an indictment on Hurney and his inability to manage the roster and the money situation beyond one year to the next. Carolina has essentially shot itself in the foot repeatedly with salary cap struggles in the Hurney eras and compounded it each time by signing old, injury risk veteran talent at a Premium Price when the window to win the Super Bowl was already pass, to chase the title futilely for another year.

4 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

This is probably the worst roster Carolina has ever fielded as long as I've been a fan going back to 2001ish.

Every group outside of WR, RB, QB, and DT have huge question marks in terms of talent and depth compared to the rest of the NFL, and the QB spot is on a dangerous precipice depending how steady or not Teddy can be.

At the end of the day, the roster is an indictment on Hurney and his inability to manage the roster and the money situation beyond one year to the next. Carolina has essentially shot itself in the foot repeatedly with salary cap struggles in the Hurney eras and compounded it each time by signing old, injury risk veteran talent at a Premium Price when the window to win the Super Bowl was already pass, to chase the title futilely for another year.

This. And then this gets compounded by roughly 5-6 years of not successfully replenishing talent as it got older or left. Even worse, that spanned two GM's and two owners. 

Just now, kungfoodude said:

This. And then this gets compounded by roughly 5-6 years of not successfully replenishing talent as it got older or left. Even worse, that spanned two GM's and two owners. 

I was so sick and tired of every off-season that went by where our roster got older and more expensive.

Not being able to resign Bradberry, and others, is a direct result of that incompetence.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

2 gamed in and so far 2010 was much more talented of a roster. We will see what the total picture is at the end of week 17 but all signs point to 2010 being a better roster.

And people wonder why I wanted Grier starting and saving cap. This was the year to tank by starting Grier. Would have been as bad as Clausen without having a decent OL. Easy pickings for the top pick.

2 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

I was so sick and tired of every off-season that went by where our roster got older and more expensive.

Not being able to resign Bradberry, and others, is a direct result of that incompetence.

Building a great team doesn't happen overnight, it takes time and effort. Same with building the shitty team we have now. It took a lot of time and effort to fug this up so royally. 

2 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

He’s been terrible. Remember going to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years and in 2017 almost winning in NO with no WRs and Ganope? 3 years later and we aren’t even close to the 2017 team let alone the 2015 team.

I don’t think it’s that bad. We just don’t have developed talent at the right positions.

But Moore, CMC, Burns, Brown, Chinn, Yetur, Moton, Donte, even KK should all be fine players.

We don’t have talent in positions that elevate the rest of the roster like QB, MLB, and CB apparently since Donte isn’t stepping up. 

We really need an upgrade at center too.

Archived