• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Brown, massive top-10 bust

TheSpecialJuan

15 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Brown has been good. PFF is trash. Even his penalties I can live with. That second one his hand slipped off the upper part of the chest and barely grazed the dudes face mask. 

That was definitely one of those "you dare to rush Brady" penalties.

This is exactly what I was saying in the other PFF thread. If our coaches tell him they want to play 2 gap football and stop the run first and then rush the passer he won't get a bunch of sacks. It won't be his ability it will be the role he assumes. If he takes on double teams and stays stout he is doing his job occupying 2 blockers so other guys who are singled can make the plays.  His performance needs to evaluated based on his job in the defense. 

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

This is exactly what I was saying in the other PFF thread. If our coaches tell him they want to play 2 gap football and stop the run first and then rush the passer he won't get a bunch of sacks. It won't be his ability it will be the role he assumes. If he takes on double teams and stays stout he is doing his job occupying 2 blockers so other guys who are singled can make the plays.  His performance needs to evaluated based on his job in the defense. 

I'd be curious to see if anyone has looked at him on All 22 and seen how often teams are running at him. I know he has been seeing a LOT of double teams. 

Archived